need help with ecuflash

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

need help with ecuflash

Postby dstnbmxvr6 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:56 pm

ok i cant seem to get it to work...i download it and install , the newest version doesnt install correctly, and the older versions just wont start up...any pointers, im running vista if that helps
dstnbmxvr6

Postby dstnbmxvr6 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:00 pm

ok i tried it on my computer that has xp...it still gives me the error, corrupt file junk, says to run it with /ncrc, (not recommended), and i do and it stops at the basemaps and it gives error decompressing data..corrupt installer??

help anybody?
dstnbmxvr6

Postby my01rt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:09 pm

i am having the same problem. did you ever get it figured out?
thanks
my01rt

Postby T-Heineken » Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:36 pm

I've tried downloading the file about 35 times on three different computers and it just doesn't work!

I've changed the compatibility for win 2000, but still nothing. I receive the file corrupted message....and could use /NCRC.

I tried using NCRC and it still didn't work.

I really want to get this installed, but I can't find even an old version anywhere.

Any ways to get around this? Or could someone email me their working install file (theine@gmail.com)
T-Heineken

Postby Jon [in CT] » Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:25 pm

I just downloaded and installed EcuFlash from http://openecu.org/downloads/ecuflash_134_win.exe without problems using Windows XP Pro. I don't think EcuFlash is supported under Windows 2000.
Jon [in CT]

Postby T-Heineken » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:31 pm

I'm stumped. Just tried it on two different computers. Been periodically downloading that same link for the past two months or so....I'm finally ready to get serious about flashing my ECU and every install I've downloaded says it's corrupt.

I just want it to work!!!
T-Heineken

Postby T-Heineken » Tue Apr 08, 2008 4:59 pm

Tried downloading the file at a friend's house and installing on his laptop....no go....BUT I downloaded it at school and it worked fine. Then copied that install file and tried it on the laptop....worked perfectly.

I guess my comcast and my buddy's (8 houses away) don't like openecu's host.... *shrugs*

So...just flashed STAGE 2!!!!!
T-Heineken

Return to OpenECU Software