Openport 1.3: Can't Install driver with Windows ME

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

Openport 1.3: Can't Install driver with Windows ME

Postby SPRITER1 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:14 pm

I think this is a newly developed cable so hopefully this isn't a daft question / problem!

I've just bought the 1.3 Universal cable and can't get a driver to properly install on my laptop which is running Windows ME.

1st I tried downloading the ME driver separately from openecu and the ftdi website but the computer does not find this driver when pointed to it.

2nd I tried Ecuflash. I got that to work with my desktop as that is running Windows XP as it installs the driver prioperly. I also tried it on my laptop but although it goes through the motions and seems to install it comes up with an error which I'm assuming is down to the windows ME. Anyway the error is;

Error starting program
The DPINST>EXE file is;
Linked to missing export ADVAPI32.DLL:ConvertStringSecurityDescriptorToSecurityDescriptorW.

Then says Installation setup competed successfully

Ecuflash has been installed on your computer

However, in control panel / system Properties it still has \\\Intel82371AB/EB PCI to USB/USB Root Hub/OpenPort 1.3 Subaru with a question mark over the icon.

So I guess my question is, is it possible to use this cable on a laptop running Windows ME with one of the ecuexplorer/ecuflash/ecuedit software programs and if so how?!

Any help/guidance v much appreciated?!?

Thanks......Steve

[/quote]
SPRITER1

Postby bmorrisj » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:06 pm

its because WinME is the worst OS ever....

seriously...its because you have ME...burn it....now
bmorrisj

Return to OpenECU Software