How to edit ECU file

OpenECU software executables and source code

Moderator: Freon

How to edit ECU file

Postby adrianyujs » Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:55 pm

Ok, here i I have some question, but before that, I will tell you all what hardware I have.
I have All-11A, which extract chipset's data to a file. But the file is save into "unknown" file.
second, I have 29Fxxxx chipset, which I take out from a car's ECU.

Ok, after that I use All-11A to extract chipset's file, which I need to confirm the checksum is same by "READ" the chipset for 3 times. After all the checksum I read all same, then I save into a file. Now the question is how can i modified that file?

I already try open it with ecuEdit, but cannot be open.

Can anyone teach me?

Thanks in advance.
adrianyujs

Postby Freon » Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:49 am

If this isn't a Subaru or Mitsubishi car ECU, you're not likely to find anyone that has already mapped it out.

You can open up the hex editor and look for patterns or disassemble it. There isn't any how-to to find maps because it is not a 1-2-3 step process.
Freon

Postby Rotawerx » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:21 pm

is there anywhere to learn how to do that, or it is a "make changes and note real world results" type thing. If people do it on the bench I was thinking not. With a completely different ecu/rom then i gues there would be no shortcuts, but there must be some sort of guide for this sortof thing, surely?

I have seen a site which offered courses which include identifying tables in a rom, so obviously it can be done. I am not in usa however, so kinda hard for me to do a course or I would.
Rotawerx

Postby bob » Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:21 pm

Rotawerx wrote:is there anywhere to learn how to do that, or it is a "make changes and note real world results" type thing. If people do it on the bench I was thinking not. With a completely different ecu/rom then i gues there would be no shortcuts, but there must be some sort of guide for this sortof thing, surely?

I have seen a site which offered courses which include identifying tables in a rom, so obviously it can be done. I am not in usa however, so kinda hard for me to do a course or I would.

Do you have a link to that site you speak of?
bob

Return to OpenECU Software