Cable for 2006 Lgeacy GT Limited Automatic

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Cable for 2006 Lgeacy GT Limited Automatic

Postby jackyyuen » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:28 am

I have new to this.

I read a lot of post from openecu and other forum. really want to confirm which cable i should get. What I want to do as followings:

Data logging
Flash ECU (in the future when i understand more)

p.s. I ask similar question to www.legacygt.com forum, seem no one can confirm the tactrix cable works with 06' while most of peope there driving 05'

Please help to confirm and which one i should get, $91.00 por $79.00
jackyyuen

Postby ahains » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:46 pm

The $91 one is the "wrx AND drive by wire" version - it comes with the flash connectors for both eras of wrx (drive by wire and otherwise). It says on that page "This is the same cable as the OpenPort for Drive-by-wire vehicles".

You can buy the $79 version and get just the flash connector for drive-by-wire if you like (it's a few bucks more, but I don't see it on the tactrix site at the moment...?). Or for a few bucks on top of that, you can get the $91 with both flash connectors, just in case you end up wanting to flash a non-drive by wire subaru.

I have a MY06 OXT and the cable, so I'll try to actually get around to dumping my rom tonight. :)
I haven't used it yet since my wife's OXT is still in the break-in period (and I've been busy :)).
ahains

Postby jackyyuen » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:26 pm

Thanks ahains,

Just want to confirm the 06' subaru outback xt are using the same interface and same ecu as 06' LGT.

Coz someone telling me 05' LGT is using ISO while 06' LGT is using CAN (which i am not too should what is it about.)
http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41404

Waiting for your good news tonight.

Thanks
jackyyuen

Postby ahains » Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:36 pm

I can confirm that the 1.2 cable works great an a MY06 OXT.
I'll post up the image tomorrow after I have a chance to lookup where the VIN is so I can null out that part.
I verified dataloggers worked too, but I don't think that was really in question :)

Didn't have a chance to look at the case id. May not for awhile, but I'll try to get to it eventually.
ahains

Return to Interface Hardware