Mongoose USB cable interface

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Postby cboles » Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:41 pm

I was simply stating facts actually, to prevent someone from buying something that would not work for his car (I am assuming it to a be Subaru from the OpenPort 1.2 reference) using any of the software available here, and possibly never work for reflashing with future software unless his car is a drive-by-wire Subaru that does not require a reflash voltage over the OBDII port. I think the cable would be great for a J2534 application, but that didn't seem to be what he was wanting to use it with.

TunerTools wrote:
cboles wrote:That cable does not operate with a simple serial protocol, and so it won't work with any of the logging or reflash software here. To relflash some cars, you also need programming voltages that these cables do not supply.

Colby

Aren't we being a bit quick to dis the only sub $200 J2534 compliant deviceon the market?
cboles
Site Admin

Postby TunerTools » Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:55 am

cboles wrote:I was simply stating facts actually, to prevent someone from buying something that would not work for his car

Fair enough and to be honest, at the beginning of this thread I did not realize we were discussing a tool for a Subaru. I thought we were discussing tools in general and simply thought this one deserved a bit more consideration. Since we are in fact talking specifically about flashing Subarus, then for the current time this is not the right tool.

In the general state of affairs though, it IS an interesting approach and in a reasonable price range.

Cheers,
Lloyd
TunerTools

Previous

Return to Interface Hardware