Test connector switch

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Test connector switch

Postby qoncept » Mon May 01, 2006 10:47 am

I've been meaning to wire up a switch to my test mode connectors so I wouldn't have to keep crawling underneath the dash. This weekend I finally got to it -- I was going to try sticking banana clips in, but it turns out the green connector houses regular old spade connectors. Just plug in your switch and you're good to go.

Just wanted to let everyone know -- if I'd known this earlier I would have had a switch months ago.
qoncept

Postby drees » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:35 am

Nice tip. I'll have to head to Radio Shack to pick up a switch and splice it in make it easier to reflash now that I have my OpenPort cable. :)
drees

Postby csmith » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:30 pm

man I know, old post but... I was going to do this as well, but wanted to have LEDs come on when the switches were on. I would imagine I would need to use some sort of relay or something. Anyone have any insight on how to accomplish this?

--- Chris
csmith

Postby lateapex31 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 3:10 pm

The CEL will flash and the fans will come on with the ignition switch, do you want something other than that?
lateapex31

Postby Dougnutz » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:05 pm

Great tip, I've just started tuning my rex and I wasn't looking forward to all the trips beneath the dash.
Dougnutz

Return to Interface Hardware