Tactrix 2.0 logging analog signal from Zeitronix-WORKING!!!

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Tactrix 2.0 logging analog signal from Zeitronix-WORKING!!!

Postby jareds » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:41 am

Hi all.
This is my first of many posts.
I got myself a Tactrix 2.0 Cable, and I know the stereo jack input (2.5mm jack) can be hooked up to the serial output from a LC-1/LM-1 and log AFR.

Is there anyway, or does anyone know, if one can use this stereo jack input to log a 0-5V value to the SD card?
I already have a Zeitronix Wideband setup, and it has a 0-5V AFR output (9AFR-20AFR scaled).

Is this at all possible?
Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Jared
Last edited by jareds on Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
jareds

Re: Tactrix 2.0 logging analog signal from Zeitronix help

Postby hpd_wally » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:08 pm

What vehicle are you using?

Does the Zeitronix have a serial out? The new 1.43.3150 beta just came out, with support for 9600,8,n,1 serial input.

You could also use an spare analog it from a rear 02 sensor if you are in a mitsu <:
hpd_wally

Postby jareds » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi there.
Vehicle is a '05 WRX ADM Subaru.
The only serial out that is has - is the serial communication via RS-232 used to connect to a laptop for logging. I could use this with romraider, but i dont think it will work with the SD Card logging? Or am I wrong.

I found out about this:

;----------------adc----------------
;type=adc ; log from built in ADC channels

;paramname=battvolts
;paramid=16 ; paramid is pin number on OBD connector
; valid pins are 8 and 16
; values are pre-scaled to millivolts
;scalingrpn=x,0.001,* ; here we scale to volts

;paramname=ignvolts ; on newer subarus pin 8 is connected to the ignition voltage
;paramid=8 ; paramid is pin number on OBD connector
;--------------------------------

This is in one of the example logcfg.txt files from ECUFlash. I might try use pin8 - and hook up the analog output from the Zeitronix to it, then apply the correct scaling?
The only thing is - how do I hook up to the correct pin without damaging plugs / harnesses? Maybe I must hook up to the back side of the OBD plug under the dashboard?
jareds

Postby hpd_wally » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:29 am

No I don't think you want to hook up an analog line to a car power voltage source. This it the exact reason which I put clamping diode on all of my inputs, and outputs on hardware.

The new op2 firmware now supports logging of rs232 data, see the examples when you install it. I am certain that you will want to use that.
hpd_wally

Postby jareds » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:23 am

Tell me more, tell me more?

Where will I find the examples upon installation?

So you are saying, that I can connect the Zeitronix RS-232 output that normally goes to a PC for logging, Ill be able to connect directly the the 2.0?

What I was going to do, is connect the ignition input on pin 8 to my analog signal? Obviously i measure that pin before connecting anything to it etc.
Thanks,
Jared
jareds

Postby dkGoodrichDotCom » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:04 pm

I too want to input a analog 0-5v wideband signal back into my open port 2.0.

My tuning wideband is analog only output.

What pin can I input back in to?
dkGoodrichDotCom

Postby jareds » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:57 am

Ok.
So I still havent gotten around to doing this but Ive been thinking about it.

If i disconnect / cut either pin 8 or pin 16, will the Tactrix not need 12V's on those pins for logging/reading/writing?

If someone could tell me which pin doesnt need the 12v's I am more than willing to try it out. I just couldnt be bothered cutting the one or the other with poor results.

I hope someone can shed more light.

Thanks,
Jared
jareds

Postby jareds » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:37 am

I went to go and have a quick look at the OBD connector, and try the above mentioned, but ALLAS, there was no wire going to pin 8, only a couple other wires, but one was going to pin 16. I didnt want to cut pin 16's wire, as then I was sure that the Tactrix would loose its power.
So im trying to find a wiring diagram for that OBD connector to see if the Tactrix can get power from another wire.

OR last option, wire a signal into the pin 8, and see if the Tactrix can read it?

Cheers,
Jared
jareds

Postby dschultz » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:30 pm

dkGoodrichDotCom wrote:I too want to input a analog 0-5v wideband signal back into my open port 2.0.

My tuning wideband is analog only output.

What pin can I input back in to?

Connect the 0-5VDC analog out of the WBO2 to pin 8 of the OP2 (pin 16 is the power to the OP2). Then adjust the scaling in the config file
;paramname=ignvolts ; on newer subarus pin 8 is connected to the ignition voltage
;paramid=8 ; paramid is pin number on OBD connector
to convert the voltage to AFR.
I've done it on my Subaru with the output from my 14point7 NAW_7S and it works great.
dschultz

Postby jareds » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:11 pm

Thanks for the info! :)

So, i will have to split the harness going from the OBD connector in the car to the Tactrix 2.0, and find the wire going to pin 8?

Currenty on my subaru there is no wire going to the factory OEM OBD port - are all the other subarus like this?

Thanks,
Jared
jareds

Re: Tactrix 2.0 logging analog signal from Zeitronix-WORKING

Postby jareds » Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:53 am

So I got it all working - thanks dschultz.... :)

I split my OBD extension cable that I bought from Tactrix themselves. Through pure luck, i cut the right wire - its the green wire in the harness. Its the pin 8 wire.
I hooked up my 0-5V analogue output from the Zeitronix, and with the scaling as seen below, it works BRILLIANTLY!

The biggest hassle was getting the order of the parameters in the 'logcfg.txt' file correct. Mine is as below, and works well!
logcfg.txt
(2.14 KiB) Downloaded 1418 times

We will all have differnt types of scaling - you can see my scaling - it works with Zeitronix.

Good luck to you all.
Jared
jareds

Return to Interface Hardware