Disable rear 02 codes??

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Disable rear 02 codes??

Postby 08subiewrx » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Ok so I've been protuned for almost a year.. I have a catless DP and I've never had a check engine light.. Not sure if the tuner previously disabled the CEL or not.

After flashing an OTS stage II map last weekend, I had a code p0037 for rear 02 sensor low input... Ok so I figure no biggie.. I'll disable using EcuFlash and badda bing no more CEL! Wroonngggg!!! After 60 miles I have CEL, cruise, and TC lights flashing at me!! What gives?!?! The code keeps coming back even when it's disabled?!?!?! Is it just a coincidence that maybe my 02 sensor went bad the same time I flashed a new map???

Frustrating, but there has to be a way around this! I don't care if the 02 sensor is bad, I just don't want the light on! Tonight I used RomRaider to disable the code instead of EcuFlash because that's the last thing I can think of doing.. Flashed that map and now I just have to wait another 60 miles to see if my dash turns into a Christmas tree once again!

Any other ideas/thoughts are appreciated!!!
08subiewrx

Re: Disable rear 02 codes??

Postby absubtle » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:18 pm

Retrieve your rom again... see if code P0037 is still disabled. If not, disable it again. Flash that rom image back to your car, then use Romraider's Learning View to HARD RESET THE ECU.
http://www.romraider.com/forum/topic2772.html
This should take care of the problem. If not, post up on here again.
Absubtle
CO
absubtle

Return to Interface Hardware