SHBOOT successful flashing but with skipping log

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

SHBOOT successful flashing but with skipping log

Postby hmanxx » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:29 am

Hi,
I read up SH7058 Hardware manual, it documented on Boot Mode..the communication is using the InChip SCI(Sericial communication interface) to do the data transfer.nothing mentioned on the watchdog.

I dont quite understand why Watchdog signal is required when the hardware manual didnt mention anything on watchdog signal requirement under boot mode hardware setup.
From the SHBOOT Reference circuit,there is 125HZ feeding to PB15. PB15 can be configured for SCK3(external clock source for Serial communication). However the manual quoted, the reference clock needs to be at 16x of baud rate..with SHBOOT reference circuit with 125HZ feeding to PB15 pin,it doesnt make sense that external clock is used as the clock rate is too low for any serial communication.

regards,
kaileong
Last edited by hmanxx on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hmanxx

Re: SHBOOT Reference circuit -Why watchdog

Postby hmanxx » Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:46 am

Nobody reply..???

I did further exploration and get the attached document from renesas programming interface circuit.. there isnt watchdog..
What is the WatchDog signal for ? I seriously dont want to build the additional oscillator circuit..
Attachments
rej10j0670_fztat.pdf
(21.35 KiB) Downloaded 1000 times
hmanxx

Postby radsdau » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:03 pm

I'm pretty sure these ECUs have a hardware watchdog, separate from the MCU. If you don't tickle the dog, it'll bark and reset the MCU when you're trying to connect in SH Boot mode.
radsdau

Postby hmanxx » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:08 am

thanks..I have traced out the RESET pin of SH7058....will monitor that.. Am I right to say that if I were to isolate the RESET of SH7058.. from other disturbance..it should be good to go..The reset pin has a link direct to one of the Debug connector..without any series resistor, likewise PB15 is linked to the debug connector..

I have difficulty to trace the 12V supply line, I dont have correct ECU wiring diagram.. any clue or unique point that will lead me to trace to the 12V supply line.
I am preparing an alternative way..to pump +5V to PVcc1 and PVcc 2 and +3.3V to Vcc to power up SH7058 instead of supplying 12V to ECU and let the power management chip to distribute power.

ANyone has pin out information of Denso SE585.( this chip seems to control the supply of 5V and 3.3V to SH7058,the Vcc lines and PVcc lines are linked to this DENSO SE585 chip,more like voltage regulator circuit)..
hmanxx

Re: SHBOOT successful flashing but with skipping log

Postby hmanxx » Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:28 pm

I succesfully to talk to ecu,with SHBOOT mode running, Ecuflash writing full 1MB of contents back to ECU..however on the log there are some areas being skipped..just wonder is this normal ?

I have yet plugging the ECU into car to try it out..where the ecu is revived or not..

See the attached log..there are a few area,instead of writing..that area are skipped.
Attachments
SHBootLog.txt
(373.56 KiB) Downloaded 1184 times
hmanxx

Postby hmanxx » Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:58 am

ECU is working fine..i verified it by plugging the ecu into another car..with complete harness..i can use ecuflash normal mode to read back full rom, Learning View can read the ecu..too..

Cool
hmanxx

Postby letsteyr » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:31 am

Hi, do you just link one of the PVcc2 and PVcc1 and Vcc? Are all the 6 pins PVcc2 linked togeter for example?
letsteyr

Postby letsteyr » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:10 am

found the answer, the ecu is well plugged. The ECM is talking.
i think i'm near to suceed to reflash my STIX ecu. But don't know what's wrong.
here's my log if one can help?

It's with a 150Hz freq !!I tried with 125Hz, the same result.
Ecuflash is using it's own drivers (not the FTDI one provided with the cable).
So is the speed selected too high?

letsteyr

Return to Interface Hardware