Cant read sti 02 bugeye European

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Cant read sti 02 bugeye European

Postby vimauto » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:19 am

Hi, i have the following problem:
I have a sti 02 bugeye european and cant read the stock rom with openport 2.0. This car have a green connector and other white connector with 4 pins (same wrx2003-2004). I try with all forms, with and without white connector and alls protocols and say interface closed. Anyone can help me?
And is possible read and write with the ecu out of the car?
Thanks
vimauto

Re: Cant read sti 02 bugeye European

Postby luizguccione » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:34 am

Hi. Ive seen a lot of people having this trouble with some JDM Subarus and I can assume you have the same issue on the European version. I couldn´t get any answers even from ECUFLASH issues report page.

I had the same problems when triying to connect any JDM. Mine is USDM and has no problems. Tired of searching for answers and testing many methods, I decided today to test on 2 JDM STIs again. My first intention was to try ECUEXPLORER instead ECUFLASH. I did the test with ecuexplorer, but couldn´t connect too.

I found a solutions after a lot of tests. Finally I got the solution, at least it worked for me and for my friend´s mechanical shop. Different cables, different computers, different OSs, same version of cables and same versions of EcuFlash. The test was successfull for the two of us on two different STIs. 2002 and 2005 JDM Stis.

I have Openport 2.0 cable, last version ecuflash 1.42... and last definitions too. My friend too.

You have to follow a secuence:

1. Install the FLASH connector under the dash. The one used to flash.
2. Then turn ignition to ON position. Leave it that way until indicate to turn off.
3. Connect the green test mode connectors.
4. Open ECUFLASH program.
5. Make a ECU read try. Don´t touch the ignition position. Leave it as before, ON. You´ll see the same problem until this step. Don´t worry. No connection yet.
6. Now you turn ignition to OFF position.
7. Make a ECU read again. But now you follow the screen instructions.
7.1 Select the Subaru Model you want to read from.
7.2 A popup window will show.
7.3 Turn ON the ignition.
7.4 Click then OK.

This resulted on succesfull reading and connection to the two JDM Stis with both different cables and computers, mine and my friend´s.

Hope it works for you...

Please let me know.

Regards,
Luiz
luizguccione

Postby Gregsy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:38 am

This worked for me too on a 03 EDM WRX wagon.

I had the same errors but got it to work after connecting the flash block and following the above steps.
Gregsy

Postby Mitsiman » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:12 pm

I tried this method on an MY02 Australian / JDM model today and still could not read from the ecu.

Very frustrating.
Mitsiman

Postby radsdau » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:03 pm

The standard things to check:
  • Is there a second set of test mode connectors and are they joined?
  • Is the ECU locked?
  • Is the flash jumper block in place?
  • Is the ECU Denso (not JECS)?
radsdau

Postby Mitsiman » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Didn't end up being a problem we removed the factory ECU and fitted a Haltech plug and play unit instead and tuned it up on that instead. Made some really nice horsepower gains and was quick and easy to tune.
Mitsiman

Return to Interface Hardware