Openport 1.3U stopped working with ECUFlash 1.41???

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Openport 1.3U stopped working with ECUFlash 1.41???

Postby unnefer » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:15 pm

I have an Openport 1.3U cable that I purchased brand new. I have had it approx 9 months and it is basically a permanent install (it is plugged in and tucked up and around the steering column).

It has worked flawlessly and I have never had a problem with read/write or logging (over 70 flashes, several reads and countless hours logging).

I recently upgraded to ECUFlash 1.41 (after giving in to the annoying pop-up screen every time I start ECUFlash) and since then have not been able to read or write using ECUFlash and my cable - however I can still log without any problems?

I tried completely removing 1.41 and tried various versions all the way back to 1.34 and no matter what I could not flash.

Does the 1.3U cable have firmware that is updated with each new ECUFlash revision? Or is it only the drivers etc on the PC that are updated? If their is firmware on the cable that is upgraded, how do I roll back to a previously working firmware?

All help appreciated.
unnefer

Re: Openport 1.3U stopped working with ECUFlash 1.41???

Postby radsdau » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:33 pm

From my experience it is unlikely that the upgrade to 1.41 has caused the problem, although not impossible. If you revert to earlier versions and it still doesn't work and it did before, then your problems are narrowed down to:
1. Driver problem. Try uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling. If that fails, try using a driver set from a previous version.
2. Hardware failure. I have heard of several of those cables dying in the L-Line circuit, which only affects the WRX01-05 (non-DBW) models, so it may not affect you. You will still be able to log if this happens, just not reflash.
radsdau

Postby rikvan » Tue May 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Hello

I have the same problem after upgrade to ECU FLASH 1.41 it is not possible to up or download the ram file from / to the ECU.
The cable works fine with evoscan and logworks .
I have tried to use an other laptop with ecuflash 1.34 still not working anymore
Strange I think a new cable is the only solution or?????

Rik van Verseveld
EVO 7
The Netherlands
rikvan

Postby swiffly » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:18 pm

i have the same problem with my 1.3 subaru cable, i have tried 4 other non-dbw wrx's and my cable cannot read or flash them. the engine check light just doesn't go off when you turn on the ignition. i have tried EVERYTHING since and i cant get it to work on any of my non-dbw cars. i noticed that the cable read 2 of the DBW cars though.

i tried my openport 2 cable and it gave me an error say the programming voltage was too high. i restarted my computer, uninstalled and reinstalled ecuflash 1.41 and then it flashed the car.

i would love to know whats going on....
swiffly

Postby swiffly » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:34 pm

with the new update my 2.0 cable is working now and doing all the work. i can read, log and write now. i still cant get the 1.3 cable to work just yet but i guess there should be another update soon to fix that. thank a lot guys.
swiffly

Return to Interface Hardware