Openport 2.0

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Openport 2.0

Postby deserted1 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:44 pm

can someone please help me with my issues. I asked on 3 different forums and nobody is responding i tried emailing and calling tactrix with no response. did i just buy a POS that doesnt work or what.
deserted1

Re: Openport 2.0

Postby todd-w » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:07 pm

what car what are the issues
todd-w

Postby deserted1 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:13 pm

funny how i post with no info at all and i get a response lol, yet when i post with all the info i get nothing back. lol

anywho. its a 2006 USDM STi,

I am trying to just LOG, not read the rom or write, i have a APV2 for that, I already talked to cobb they said i can log all day without issues using anything i want so I know its not that.

Romraiders log shows nothing, i tried ecuflash for the sole purpose of checking firmware version to make sure its current, it wont do anything and isnt updating it, my ecuflash is the current version btw.

Using Learningview proved to be the most usefull for a log, I am getting an error about ecu is not supported with a ecu string of FACBA62B81, which i cannot find anywhere. I cant read my rom to get the definations done, so what do i do now. I really dont want to uninstall my AP to get the stock rom, is that my only option?

Please some advise or im just going to see about returning this thing as its useless to me if I have no options.
deserted1

Postby deserted1 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:30 pm

back to step one, supply info and get no response. guess im going to return this thing then since its useless.
deserted1

Postby radsdau » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Sounds like driver issues. Confirm that ECUFlash detects the OP2 when plugged in; if not, check drivers. Several people have had trouble with this.
Also check that no other similar USB serial devices are connected; I've seen ECUFlash 'select' the other USB device and therefore not work, even if OP2 is connected. Disconnected the other device and OP2 detects immediately.
radsdau

Return to Interface Hardware