Evo 7 ecu into Evo 4 not connecting

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Evo 7 ecu into Evo 4 not connecting

Postby GTSCotT » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:20 am

Hey all,
I own an evo4 that i installed an evo 7 ecu into, i repined all the nessassary crap to get it running (sas, rans, disconnect ayc pin and such)
car runs and drives ok.
Now the problem im having is i cant get my cable to connect to the car, i can read obdII fine with no problems, yet when i try to read from the ecu i get an error and it wont connect,
with the extra pin that the 7 uses (79) i just ran a cable from that to one of the pins on the white plug on my reflash cable,

does anyone know if anythign else needs to be done to make the evo 7 ecu be able to flash in a evo 4

or how to build a bench cable for it?

thanks
scott
GTSCotT

Postby todd-w » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:59 am

you shouldnt have to do anything else wiring wise,mine is wired exactly the same ,, does ecuflash recognise the cable ?Have you ever been able read the rom off the 7 ecu ? try running ecu unlocker from aktive matrix then launch ecuflash and try read
todd-w

Postby GTSCotT » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:19 am

hey, thanks for the help, tried the unlocker and it didnt work so i went and checked over everything i did and the wire i used off pin 79 had a break in it under the insulation, put a new wire there and all is well
GTSCotT

Postby todd-w » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:12 pm

good stuff :D
todd-w

Return to Interface Hardware