communication error please help

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

communication error please help

Postby hitadeercivic » Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey guys, I have a 05 wrx with a fresh 07 wrx 2.5L swap (non sti) I had Eastcoast swappers do the wire merge and all is well and the vehicle communicates with any normal scan tool. I have recently purcased the openport 2.0 and downnloaded OpenEcu to my dell laptop with XP. It all appears to working properly. The reason i am using this set up is delete the codes for the air pumps the 07 uses but my 05 chassis is not set up for. 13 codes all together i believe. When i connect the cable it lights up and the laptop opens the program, therefor recognizing everything. When i hit the button to communicate the window pops open and shuts down, and in the task manager window it says j2534 error, and can not communicate error. and yes the green test plug was together.... What am i doing wrong? I am confused how the ECU will communicate if the key is off but everyone says to keep the key off, what do i do next?
hitadeercivic

Postby AlGontsov » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:46 am

When are you want to communicate to ECU, Ignition key must be in ON position when dashboard is showing CEL and some other lights.

I've got permanent error on the laptop.
After the pressing any read button, black window of cmd.exe says that can't execute some program and write J2534 error in ther log field.
Next i'm tryin' the same on another PC - it's update my firmware and that error don't appear on the laptop too.
Maybe firmware updating require interenet connection or just another PC...
AlGontsov

Postby lenadna » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Is it a must for me to connect the green plugs together in order to read from the ECU? I have been trying with my openport2.0 with Ecuflash 1.4 with no avail. :?

Please help!
lenadna

Postby radsdau » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:44 pm

lenadna wrote:Is it a must for me to connect the green plugs together in order to read from the ECU? I have been trying with my openport2.0 with Ecuflash 1.4 with no avail. :?

Please help!

Absolutely, you must connect these, except with the late model CAN stuff (WRX08 etc).
radsdau

Postby lenadna » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:57 pm

radsdau wrote:
lenadna wrote:Is it a must for me to connect the green plugs together in order to read from the ECU? I have been trying with my openport2.0 with Ecuflash 1.4 with no avail. :?

Please help!

Absolutely, you must connect these, except with the late model CAN stuff (WRX08 etc).

I have tested again with the green connectors connected. With Openport2.0 and Ecuflash 1.4, I am still unable to connect to the ecu. The status kept showing disconnected even though I have tried to connect...any help?
lenadna

Postby AlGontsov » Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:03 am

On the Subaru Legacy 2008 I have join green connectors under the left plastic cover near the door.
Also you must click read within 1-2 seconds after turning the ignition, before starting of fans...
AlGontsov

Return to Interface Hardware