OpenPort 1.3 failure?

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

OpenPort 1.3 failure?

Postby ravenhil » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:09 pm

I have been using my OpenPort 1.3 for about a year without any problems. Until recently, EcuFlash cannot work with my 1.3 cable anymore. Datalogging is still fine on romraider, but reading and writing roms on Ecuflash are not. I have re-installed EcuFlash 1.35 several times but to no success. I have even performed system restore to an earlier date whehn I could flash but it wun work anymore. I tried using another openport 1.3 and I could flash, so I know its not the fault of my ver of Ecuflash or my laptop.

How do i check if my openport 1.3 has failed?

And to make things worse, I can't buy OpenPort 1.3 from Tactrix anymore! I have a OpenPort 2.0 and I can't log or flash with it! And since I bricked a canbus ECU with it, I am certainly not going that way until further notice.
ravenhil

Postby radsdau » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:04 pm

I've seen a couple of internal failures with these. If you can't work out which signal is not working correctly, then grab the schematic and check all the discrete components inside.
If you're having trouble only early model WRX, check the L-Line circuit and the 12V circuit.
If you're having trouble with EVOs, check the voltage multiplier.
radsdau

Postby ravenhil » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:31 pm

okay i opened it up. I know I can't close it up again i use lots of tape. Nothing seems out of place though.
ravenhil

Postby radsdau » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:08 pm

I wish I could me more help. It's all up to you, the schematic, a multimeter and perhaps a scope.
Good luck, Jim!
radsdau

Return to Interface Hardware