Need help!!! Need OpenPort 1.3U FTDI Settings!!!!

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Need help!!! Need OpenPort 1.3U FTDI Settings!!!!

Postby Kuersat-1 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:53 am

Hallo!

My Name is Kürsat and I am from Germany.
I build my own OpenPort 1.3U Cable. I have buyed the EvoScan v2.3 Software and test it with my OpenPort 1.3U cable on my European Mitsubishi Carisma GLX development Year 1996. But i Cant connect to ECU comes from the software.

I have try the "Mprog" Tool from the FTDI Site to programm the internal EEPROM from the FT232RQ but cant do it right.

I really need the correct settings and data from the FT232RQ from the OpenPort 1.3U cable....Can somebody help me and read the settings and data out of his own OpenPort 1.3U Cable and can send it to me per Email??? I really need this settings and data.

Thank you a lot.

kuersat1981@googlemail.com
Kuersat-1

Postby Jon [in CT] » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:57 am

Did you set the PID to 0xCC4A?

Someone else reported a similar problem at http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=3385.
Jon [in CT]

Postby Kuersat-1 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:40 pm

No....The FTDI Chip FT232RQ ist factory default....

Jon [in CT] wrote:Did you set the PID to 0xCC4A?

Someone else reported a similar problem at http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=3385.
Kuersat-1

Postby Jon [in CT] » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:08 pm

Kuersat-1 wrote:No....The FTDI Chip FT232RQ ist factory default....
So, what happens when you reset the PID to 0xCC4A and try to run EcuFlash? Can you show us an error log?
Jon [in CT]

Postby Kuersat-1 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:20 am

Jon [in CT] wrote:
Kuersat-1 wrote:No....The FTDI Chip FT232RQ ist factory default....
So, what happens when you reset the PID to 0xCC4A and try to run EcuFlash? Can you show us an error log?

I have set with Mprog the PID to 0xCC4A. The Interface will show as OpenPort 1.3U. ECUFlash find the interface but it cant connect to vehicle ecu. it hang up and do not response. With EvoScan v2.3 the interfacee will show as OpenPort 1.3U but when i connect it with my vehicle over com1 they come
"Initialization Timeout. Please Turn the Car On/Off and try it again". My Interface is build correct like the Tactrix OpenPort 1.3U Schematic with all original Parts. What i do wrong???
Can Somebody help me? I need the correct settings and data from the internal eeprom from the FT232RQ from the OpenPort 1.3U cable.....

Can nobody read the settings and data out of his cable with MProg???
Kuersat-1

Postby Jon [in CT] » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:18 am

I downloaded FTDI's MProg software from http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities.htm#MProg and installed it. I then connected my Tactrix 1.3U cable and did a READ AND PARSE using MProg and saved the result as an EEPROM template file, which is attached below. Let us know whether this helps.
Attachments
Tactrix13U.zip
MProg file for programming a Tactrix 1.3U cable.
(650 Bytes) Downloaded 1762 times
Jon [in CT]

Postby Kuersat-1 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:17 pm

Jon [in CT] wrote:I downloaded FTDI's MProg software from http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities.htm#MProg and installed it. I then connected my Tactrix 1.3U cable and did a READ AND PARSE using MProg and saved the result as an EEPROM template file, which is attached below. Let us know whether this helps.

Thank you my friend! That it is!!! Can you send me the file per email?

Here my email adress: kuersat1981@googlemail.com

Thank you a lot my friend....thats what i need....
Kuersat-1

Postby Kuersat-1 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:46 am

Jon [in CT] wrote:I downloaded FTDI's MProg software from http://www.ftdichip.com/Resources/Utilities.htm#MProg and installed it. I then connected my Tactrix 1.3U cable and did a READ AND PARSE using MProg and saved the result as an EEPROM template file, which is attached below. Let us know whether this helps.

I downloaded it. Thank you my friend. I test it today.
Kuersat-1

Postby Evo4Mad » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:55 pm

All the cables are manufactured from the same company in china, between evoscan and tactrix cables. they are all genuine, you should download ecuflash and install it. and run v1.29 ecuflash, guaranteed to work on all cable configurations because v1.29 doesn't check the security keys. Both the EvoScan and Tactrix cables have encrypted keys loaded into them which can not be cloned as it is hardcoded to the physical microcontroller id, and you can not build your own cable to work with ecuflash, sorry, that was a design decision made by tactrix.com and limitless.co.nz to lock out competitors. you can make your own ftdi cable to work with Evoscan v2.4 onwards - that was a design decision made by limitless.co.nz
Evo4Mad

Postby Evo4Mad » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:12 am

using mprog above will work only for evoscan. you can't clone a ftdi usb cable to work for the latest version ecuflash since the encryption key cant be copied from cable to cable using mprog.
Evo4Mad

Return to Interface Hardware