Hondata tactrix? WTF!?!?!

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Hondata tactrix? WTF!?!?!

Postby sorrowfulkiller » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:28 pm

me and a buddy have a 02 wrx and an evo 8 and we've been trying to connect our tactrix table to our cars to tune or even datalog recently and the cable keeps reading them as hondata s300 ecu's. Also before this happened my buddy tried to connect his evo using the tactrix cable and smanage.

Does anyone know of any way to fix this because I don't want to buy a brand new damn cable if this one could work still
sorrowfulkiller

Re: Hondata tactrix? WTF!?!?!

Postby salex » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:34 pm

sorrowfulkiller wrote:me and a buddy have a 02 wrx and an evo 8 and we've been trying to connect our tactrix table to our cars to tune or even datalog recently and the cable keeps reading them as hondata s300 ecu's. Also before this happened my buddy tried to connect his evo using the tactrix cable and smanage.

Does anyone know of any way to fix this because I don't want to buy a brand new damn cable if this one could work still

The Hondata software sometimes flashes the cable itself. Inside your openport there is a USB/Serial converter chip, made by FTDI.
It holds the identity of the cable.
Since it has been renamed by Hondata, you will need to use a utility to reprogram it, called MPROG. You can find it at FTDI's website.

But someone will have to send you the correct settings to flash your cable back to normal.
salex

Postby sorrowfulkiller » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:38 pm

do you know of anyone that would have said ability to reflash it?
sorrowfulkiller

Postby cboles » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:00 pm

get in touch with Amanda at support@tactrix.com and she can help you reprogram the cable back to normal.

colby
cboles
Site Admin

Postby sorrowfulkiller » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:08 pm

alright... if the reflash I did with mporg doesn't work I'll contact her

Thanks
sorrowfulkiller

Return to Interface Hardware