Cables for 4G Eclipse?

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Cables for 4G Eclipse?

Postby djd24 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:14 pm

Hello everyone...I'm new to the forum.

I have successfully used EcuFlash and the Mitsu openport Tactrix cable to flash my old Evo many times. However, when I recently purchased my '07 eclipse gt, i was disappointed to discover that the mitsu Tactrix cable that worked on my evo does not work on my eclipse. On my eclipse, there is no port to plug in that second white clip (which I believe is also referred to as the initiation cable?). Instead, everything looks like it's integrated into the OBD-II port. I was wondering if anyone has any idea if there are any cables out there right now that will work with my car.

Thanks in advance.
djd24

Postby cboles » Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:09 pm

This is a newer ECU that I haven't had a chance to look at yet. It might be CAN!
cboles
Site Admin

Postby djd24 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:00 pm

From the tone of your post, CAN is not a good thing. Can someone please briefly explain what CAN is and how it is different from what is used for the ECUs in the other mitsus?
djd24

Postby psy-q » Thu Jun 21, 2007 3:41 pm

I'm going to bring this post back from the dead since I also have a 07 Eclipse GT.

Obviously this car has a lot of potential and i'd really like to have some datalogging/OBD/reflash ability. I'm pretty sure the car is CAN-BUS but I've heard somewhere that it has the same ECU as the Evo 9.

Is there any information that you guys would like me to track down that would at least give us a yay or nay on ecuflash and other tools with this car?
psy-q

Return to Interface Hardware