New user introduction

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

New user introduction

Postby Bicster » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:01 am

Hey guys -

I just stumbled into this place from a mention over at LegacyGT.com. I bought a 2006 Legacy GT Limited two days ago.

I was reading some posts on this forum and apparently some of you are already familiar with me ... a little ... I'm the "jeff obd2" guy. Soon my last VW will be gone, and I'll probably get interested in updating my schematics to support some of the more interesting stuff that the Subaru can do, that the current interface won't support. I'll try to get up to speed on my own, but if anyone wants to suggest somewhere to start reading, I won't object!

I can't say I am particularly interested in working on open ECU software, as I haven't enough time or need for it. But I do have a nagging interest in trying to duplicate some of the functions of the subaru select monitor. It seems that there isn't a VWtool-like program for Subarus that allows shade tree mechanics to adjust dealer settings.

Regards,

Jeff
Bicster

Postby Kha0S » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:13 pm

Jeff --

Good to meet you!

I've followed your VAG work in the past, and I think I speak for all of us when I say that you'll be very pleased with the SSM-specific capabilities that have been developed by this community.

Colby (cboles) has already designed a USB->SSM cable that's quite good for logging and reflashing... he sells them via tactrix.com, and the schematics are available on this site if you want to build it yourself.

The TARI ecuExplorer product works very well for datalogging the SSM-specific stuff from the Subaru ECUs.

There's a lot of other projects at all different levels of completion floating around on here... I just started a new project today that I hope to announce in the next week or two, that you just might be able to help me out with. :D

/Andrew
Kha0S

Return to Interface Hardware