ODBII Connector is kind of tough to remove

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

ODBII Connector is kind of tough to remove

Postby stoooo » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:22 am

Hello.

I received my cable last week, and it seems to be working just great. However, I have a suggestion for an upgrade for the next revision.

I am finding it very hard to just pull the OBDII connector back out when I'm done with it. The problem is that the smooth plastic of the connector makes it difficult to get a good grip to pull the connector straight out. For now, I'm having to wiggle it to and fro, which makes me worry about the longevity of both the plug and the socket.

I have an AutoXray CodeScout code reader, and the OBDII plug on the cable for that has two lugs on it to make it easy to pull the plug straight out. It would be nice to see something like this on a future version of the cable.

For now, I think I'm just going to have to find some grip tape to wrap around the end of the connector.

Stuart.
stoooo

Postby cboles » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:12 am

I agree, unfortunately I did not design the case plastics, so it won't be possible to change the mold. One future possibility would be to add a loop of string that ties into the inside of the case that can be pulled to remove the device. Otherwise, I like having it small so that it doesn't interfere with my legs (I'm 6'4").

Colby
cboles
Site Admin

Return to Interface Hardware