Tactrix 2000 Eclipse Compatability

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Does the tactrix cable really work on all ISO 9141-2 cars?

Yes
No votes
No
100%

Total votes : 2

Tactrix 2000 Eclipse Compatability

Postby gteclass » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:30 am

According to the forums on Club3g, the tactrix cable cannot communicate with the 2000 Eclipse computers. The guy who makes the definition files says that the ECU in the 2000 has a different processor that does not support the cable reflashing. There has even been a market for swapping ECUs up to the 2k1+ so the 2k drivers can use the cable.

However, the mitsubishitechinfo.com site says all mitsubishi ecus from 98 up except the 98 galant and the 420a powered eclipse from 1995-99 support the same protocol for reflashing. While the mitsubishi

The 2000 ECU uses ISO 9141-2 as its diagnostic communication protocol and is included as a aflashable application by mitsubishi.

According to the tactrix web site the cable should be supported by all ISO 9141-2 capable vehicles.

My 2000 mitsubishi eclipse does support the ISO 9141-2 protocol.
The ECU Edit software should be able to read my ROM, then I should be able to adapt a definition file by comparing the 2001 GT MT definition file and its ROM to my ROM. Both cars share the same engine, driveline, fuel control scheme and timing requirements. The lookup tables should be very similar if not identical. My plan, as soon as someone verifies that the cable can be used to pull the ROM file out is to find the ignition map in the 2k1 ROM file then search for parts of it that i know will be identical{the most advance the ECU will ever use is 44 degrees in both, the fuel map will always be 14.7 during the closed loop efficiency based RPM and load points, the rev limit is 6510 no matter what[6200 according to mitsubishitechinfo.com]} This shouldnt really be as difficult as they make it sound.
gteclass

Postby gteclass » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:14 pm

As it turns out, cboles posted on the openecu forum in the reflashing software section on march 9th of this year that he was working on tracking down a bug in his assembler that was causing the opcodes to be improperly interpreted. This will probably be resolved soon enough.

Thank you cboles!
gteclass

Postby gteclass » Wed May 16, 2007 6:09 am

gteclass wrote:As it turns out, cboles posted on the openecu forum in the reflashing software section on march 9th of this year that he was working on tracking down a bug in his assembler that was causing the opcodes to be improperly interpreted. This will probably be resolved soon enough.

Thank you cboles!

or maybe not so soon enough?
gteclass

ECU Model number?

Postby mtcavity » Wed May 16, 2007 1:26 pm

Is there any way you could take a picture of the ECU or get the model number?

Here are the years and models I've defined so far from FlashBlueRS, its a ROM pull from a 2000 Galant that makes me feel somewhat hopeful about your situation. http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=925

I will be picking up the Innovative Wideband and Tactrix package in 2-4 weeks and will send you my cable to see if you can pull a ROM if you have no answers till then.
mtcavity

Re: ECU Model number?

Postby gteclass » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:27 pm

Thanks for the offer, but I already bought the cable. Unfortunately the ECUFlash software does not support my ECU because it has an H8 processor. The 2000 galant must have a different computer. When I attemt to flash with ECUFlash the computer tells me "the H8 is not supported yet".

Even more unfortunately Colby has not mentioned the status of the H8 part of the project for a few months now and I have given up on it. If it becomes available, great! If not, at least I can use the cable to log and tune with my Emanage Ultimate. Although the flash would be a great help and would open up many new possibilities.
gteclass

Return to Interface Hardware