Cable problem

User topics relating to hardware that interfaces PCs to ECUs

Moderator: Freon

Cable problem

Postby Kaane » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:39 am

I got the new 1.3 subaru cable, it works great, but it needs better glue on the housing, mine came apart after 2 uses, had to pry the connector that was stuck in the socket.
Kaane

Postby Nuke » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:20 pm

haha, mine too, i just got mines today and plugged it in, tested it, popped it out and connector came off, i was :evil:
superglued it back and now fine

glue it better homie hehe
Nuke

Postby cboles » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:20 pm

Sorry about that. There seems to be a batch where the glue was a little weak or there wasn't enough glue... I already have spoken to my "glue person"...
cboles
Site Admin

Postby pulski » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:28 am

Got mine in the mail yesterday and it came apart on the first time. No biggie since I can re-glue.

Glad to hear you're on top of it. :) Stage 1 map is running great. :D
pulski

Postby Ziggyrama » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:38 am

Yup, same here. I got my cable yesterday and it fell apart on the first pull. First I paniced but than I looked at it and realized it just goes back together. No big deal. I'll glue it together and it should be all set. The part that sucks is the careful extraction of the plug from the port. I had to be very careful to not damage the electronics on it as they are exposed.
Ziggyrama

Postby wrx_aruba » Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:57 pm

UPDATE****

Same thing happened to me,

I also panic since it was difficult to remove (took 1 hour to remove) i was affraid to try it again but after a while i went for a second try and manage to get it to work :P

Cant wait for tomorrow to do some real logging :twisted:
wrx_aruba

my cable split apart too

Postby humara » Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:23 pm

I know its the thanksgiving break and all. but i e-mailed tactrix about my problem on sunday nov 19 and have not heard any response. sent emails from multiple addresses and from this forum. anyone know any other way to get in touch? i'm dying to use my tactrix cable. :( the cable split and shorted during the process. (smoke escaped)
very sad.
humara

Postby Ziggyrama » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:55 am

If you saw smoke, it's probably fried. Hopefully you can get it taken care of. I just glued mine and it's holding up very well.
Ziggyrama

Re: my cable split apart too

Postby bmorrisj » Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:27 am

humara wrote:I know its the thanksgiving break and all. but i e-mailed tactrix about my problem on sunday nov 19 and have not heard any response. sent emails from multiple addresses and from this forum. anyone know any other way to get in touch? i'm dying to use my tactrix cable. :( the cable split and shorted during the process. (smoke escaped)
very sad.

that almost happened to me... the metal sheathing in the cable was exposed inside the housing...but only the windows device disappeared....some electric tape and all is good.... also some super glue with some zip kicker...
bmorrisj

over a week

Postby humara » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:17 pm

it's been over a week and still haven't heard any response from colby about my cable. anybody know how to contact him or why he hasn't answered any of my emails for the past 8 days?
humara

Postby humara » Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:32 pm

colby is back and my cable is on the way.
took a little longer than hoped but i'm glad this is getting resolved.
humara

Return to Interface Hardware