Processor Datasheets

Links to datasheets, websites, etc. relevant to the project

Moderator: Freon

Postby mumbles » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:01 am

bofh wrote:PS: Can we keep with picture size down? Kinda tough when you are at your Dad's for the holidays, with dial up, and 800x600. <sigh>

I obviously left it large so you can see the #'s off of it. Tell your father to get a better connection and bigger computer.
mumbles

Postby mumbles » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:05 am

Ok so scooby5 appears to be able to read from his microcontroller? Or is he reading from another chip? What pins where you one and what setting did you need to read that scooby5? So other's can know....

Obviously we can read from this, but what about writing? I know we have to translate the dump and figure out what changes do what, but the basic ability to write, do we know how yet?

Anyone here good at reverse engineering exe's? email me if so. I have an idea.

-Brendan
mumbles

Postby Nemis » Fri Dec 31, 2004 4:30 am

AndyWhittaker have reverse audi rom here
http://www.andywhittaker.com/Audi/ecu/index.html
so with a lot (and lot and lot...) of time maybe it's possible reverse (idapro) subby rom :D

@ Subby5 may you send me 2002wrx.h16 ? (pm) tank you
Nemis

Postby scooby5 » Fri Dec 31, 2004 8:48 am

Hi Guys,

I have plenty more stuff but it's on my PC at home and I'm away at the parental units for new years. Expect more stuff early next week!

Sorry for the delay :)
scooby5

Postby scooby5 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:06 am

Nemis, Cboles,

I have some files handy but can't do attachments in PM, can you PM me your email addresses?

Thanks,

N
scooby5

Postby mumbles » Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:05 pm

this information was forwarded to me by another member;

http://www.brendan-stewart.com/other/subaruecu.htm

This should help alot of people.
mumbles

Postby Synx » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:06 pm

Thats a gold mine of info!!! Ill start writeing the software for my embedded am186 microcontroller. Ill try to make it as easily portable to PC as possable ie. comport modules and what not. But the code itself should be fine as im writeing it in C/C++ and its a 186 anyways so its x86 compatable. We'll see if i can come up with a nice module for the subaru select to post but i duno how soon ill have good time to work on it.

This is a very good first step as from what i understand it may be possible to do raw memory reads over the protocol, i don't know if thats the best way to get the rom image or not but it may be another way.

Hopefully cboles will post exactly how he got the rom image hardware wise and communication wise and we can really get 'hacking' with this project :)
Synx

Postby crazymikie » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:06 pm

Hi All.

It looks like the initialization for the SSM is a lot easier than OBDII. I was trying to use perl (there's a serial port comm package) to do some of this stuff, but never got it working because of the complicated OBD initialization. Based on what Brendan posted, I might revisit it since you don't need to run odd baudrates to get the thing working.

I'll report back anything I find if I get it working.

Thanks,
Mike
crazymikie

Postby Hitokiri » Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:06 pm

WOOOOOOWOWWWWWWW - THATS WHAT WE NEED!!!!

thank you mumbles!!!!!! lol

I have really fast USB serial- and a ISO OBD2 reader that I am going to try to write some VB code to talk to the comm port and try some stuff out.

Todd
Hitokiri

Postby Nemis » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:57 am

mumbles wrote:this information was forwarded to me by another member;

http://www.brendan-stewart.com/other/subaruecu.htm

This should help alot of people.

thank you a lot !! now i know what i have send to my ecu :D :D :D
Nemis

Postby Nemis » Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:27 am

scooby5 wrote:Nemis, Cboles,

I have some files handy but can't do attachments in PM, can you PM me your email addresses?

Thanks,

N

pm sent.
i'm waiting :D

i want to convert data with hexeditor, import in excel and looking for strange data like map surface :D :D :D
i have see this with old subby ecu ('95 i think)
Nemis

Postby cboles » Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:11 am

as a board admin, i've noticed that scooby5 is having mail delivery problems and may not know that he/she has PMs waiting... :)
cboles
Site Admin

Postby crazymikie » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:10 am

I don't know if this will be useful, but I believe that a really simple interface could be developed using the Device::SerialPort and Win32::SerialPort packages for perl. It is really straightforward and the nice things about perl are it is platform independent and it is great for parsing data.

I'm going to be travelling for work next week, so I'll have a bunch of time to sit on the plane and work on this. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what would be useful to include as core functionality? I was thinking of creating a module so that people could take it and use it.

If anyone has interest, please let me know what you would find useful and I'll see what I can do. At the very least, I was thinking about a basic logging tool, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Mike
crazymikie

Postby cboles » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:19 am

I have a ton of stuff in C++ for the Win32 command line that could easily be ported or rewritten in perl if you have the urge. I just need to clean it up a little bit for general consumption before everyone starts partying on it.
cboles
Site Admin

Postby crazymikie » Thu Jan 06, 2005 11:49 am

I'm a big fan of linux, so I'd be more than happy to take on the rewrite.

Let me know. I have a long plane ride and need to keep myself amused. :)
crazymikie

PreviousNext

Return to Technical Information