Information from EcuTeK

Discussion about legal issues regarding copyrights, fair use, reverse engineering, etc.

Moderator: Freon

Information from EcuTeK

Postby David-EcuTeK » Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:58 am

EcuTeK LLP wishes it to be known that it owns copyright in EcuTeK software and its supporting documents and that it will act to protect these rights.

If you are concerned that you might have infringed our copyright or other intellectual property rights, or that you might do so in the future, we would be happy to discuss ways that a reasonable and amicable solution might be found.

David Power

EcuTeK
7 Union Buildings
Wallingford Road
Uxbridge
UB8 2FR
ENGLAND

Tel: (+44) 01895 811200
Fax: (+44) 01895 811611
sales@ecutek.com
www.ecutek.com
Please visit our EcuTeK Technical Forum
forum.ecutek.com
David-EcuTeK

Actually...

Postby bofh » Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:20 pm

If you are concerned that you might have infringed our copyright or other intellectual property rights, or that you might do so in the future, we would be happy to discuss ways that a reasonable and amicable solution might be found.

No, actually, I am not concerned about this at all. After all, I do not own any of your products, or have any of your literature, which would make you claims unlikely. I am, however, concerned about the heavy handed way you have come into the discussion like a bull in a china shop. If you are concerned that you might have unjustly cast aspersions at anyone, or committed slander or libel, or that you might do so in the future, we would be happy to discuss ways that a reasonable and amicable solution might be found.
bofh

Postby Imp Guerra » Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:13 pm

bofh,
we are duscussing the point at
http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=25

and i guess it is rather profitable only for the XYZ company
to flood our forum in legal-question discussion

i propose to start discission upon legality of modifiyng ECU at their forum.
i think we will be deleted within hours.

they wrote there that it is impossible for dealer to find whether ECU was re-flashed or not.
But according to warranty u cannot modify it or otherwise must renounce warranty.

they push people to cheat official subaru services and then they speak about their "copy-lefts" there where noone has their 2002 or 2004 soft

previously i have posted a link to russian site of auto diagnostic soft.
if every author of the soft, published there, come here and started like that man above.
and what a pretty flood forum it would be! :)
Imp Guerra

Return to Legal