MY04 Flash Upgrade Question

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

MY04 Flash Upgrade Question

Postby megafrenzy » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:57 am

Ok, I have a "Base" ROM (AH791 A4TF300F) in my MY2004 WRX MT Wagon. So can anyone confirm that I can flash it to A4TF520F? Or more importantly, can I flash in the Open Souce Stage 1 based on A4TF520F?
megafrenzy

Postby crispyduck » Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:36 pm

The 520F should be fine see http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/ ... bilityList

Personally I would also use one of tools on here to compare the differences between the 300F and 520F just to increase your confidence and/or wait for someone on here to say they have actually done it.

As for the Stage 1 map, I recommend you post details of the state of tune of your car now so people can advise.

-Steve.
crispyduck

Postby chrispol3 » Fri Sep 08, 2006 3:15 pm

I' assuming when you download the 520f it says tar but from the contents it seems to be a hex right?
chrispol3

Postby crispyduck » Sat Sep 09, 2006 1:05 am

Yes, you are correct. Some people do this to get there files uploaded to the forums. The links you see on scoobypedia (for now) are simply direct links to the approriate forums. Rename to .hex and your away.

-Steve.

P.S: I've starting collecting all the stock ECU ROMs myself and may start mirroring them on my site for completness. The main reason is that we can check them to confirm they really are stock images. Also I'll offer up md5 checksums to increase consumer confidence that they have the correct ROM and it downloaded correctly.
crispyduck

Postby megafrenzy » Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:55 am

crispyduck wrote:The 520F should be fine see http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/ ... bilityList

Personally I would also use one of tools on here to compare the differences between the 300F and 520F just to increase your confidence and/or wait for someone on here to say they have actually done it.

As for the Stage 1 map, I recommend you post details of the state of tune of your car now so people can advise.

-Steve.

Well, I've done a side by side comparison with "Beyond Compare" with the "Hex Viewer" plugin. (BTW, an excellent way to compare 2 files) There is quite a bit of differences between 300 and 520, but they seem to be similar enough - whatever that means.

My WRX is factory stock for now - but I'd like to see if I can start to mod the ECU as I start to upgrade the motor. This weekend I'll try the 520F and let you know how it goes.

-P
megafrenzy

Postby crispyduck » Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:13 pm

megafrenzy wrote:Well, I've done a side by side comparison with "Beyond Compare" with the "Hex Viewer" plugin. (BTW, an excellent way to compare 2 files) There is quite a bit of differences between 300 and 520, but they seem to be similar enough - whatever that means.

I've just done a comparison for you using ecuEdit. At first there appears to be a lot of differences, however on closer inspection one can see that the maps appear the same - they are simply a few bytes offset but the data is the same, I assume this is because the software code is slightly different (larger).
crispyduck

Return to General Discussion