Looking for tuning help / sugestions

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Looking for tuning help / sugestions

Postby AlanG » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:18 am

Ok... buddy of mine has a full JDM swap (version 7 I think) w/ a 2003 WRX Denso ECU. Now he has EM for the swap w/ bigger turbo (VF34 I think) but now he's adding STi pink injectors and he's deleted his TGVs... so what we need to do is adjust the modified ECU ROM to allow for the bigger injectors and we need to remove all the CEL codes related to the TGVs... :?

I have the tactrix cable, newest version of EcuFlash and I've also got Enginuity installed and running on my laptop but I don't have the first clue about tuning :(

Realistically speaking, is this a fairly "easy" thing to accomplish for a bunch of newbs like us???

Any help pointing us in the right direction would be VERY appreciated!!! Thanks in advance :)

PS: I do have some experience with the tools as I've copied and flashed many ECU's using EcuFlash.
AlanG

Postby AlanG » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:05 am

ok talked a bit more to my buddy... apparently he has EM for his setup on another ECU, he want's to look at it and make the required changes to his Yoshio tune that he has and likes... is this possible? to take to ROM's and compare them to find out what needs to be changed? :?
AlanG

Postby Jon [in CT] » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:28 am

Doesn't your buddy know how to use the internet? It's stupid to try and have such a discussion through an intermediary who doesn't really understand either end of the discussion.
Jon [in CT]

Postby AlanG » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:51 am

Jon [in CT] wrote:Doesn't your buddy know how to use the internet? It's stupid to try and have such a discussion through an intermediary who doesn't really understand either end of the discussion.

Yeah... but my buddy is more of a wrencher and less of a interweeb user :wink:
AlanG

Return to General Discussion