Stock Roms and XML link...

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Postby ziad » Thu May 31, 2007 12:01 am

hello mcavity in the evo definitions of map 96260007.xml the following definations are incorrect or atleast swapped around

<table name="IC Relay Timer Control Judgement" address="2498">
<table name="Condition"/>
</table>
<table name="IC Relay Timer Time" address="248a">
<table name="Condition"/>
</table>
<table name="IC Relay Timer Air Temp" address="249c"/>

hope that helps anyone else.

further to that, i am a noob so it may sound silly but on a stock image the Max Wast. Duty #2,3,4 are not supposed to be 100% from 500 to 7000rpm??? if they are not then i suppose those tables are wrong too as they all come up as 100%. can some one tell? mine is a JDM MR8

thanks

EDIT2: I am looking here for the MWD http://forums.openecu.org/viewtopic.php?t=971
ziad

Thanks

Postby mtcavity » Thu May 31, 2007 4:41 pm

Thank you, I missed that post and/or would have corrected the XMLs by now.

I will be updating sometime next week...
mtcavity

Postby russ » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:47 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I've found that raising boost limit on XML files 9986002 and 9339000 have no effect.
Is it possible the boost limit table has been assigned wrongly?
russ

Postby sub7 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:17 am

Does anyone have xml files to view open/close loop? I sense my fuel consumption in close loop is still high. Need some data from my rom to view..
sub7

Need a def file

Postby zlancerman » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:05 am

Hey mtcavity - been a while ;)

I was wondering if you could produce a def file for this ROM. Its from a 1.6L NA Lancer. Definitely the first one I've seen. I've attached the ROM and let me know if there is anything I can do for you, thanks!
Attachments
1.6 Lancer NA stock.zip
(68.69 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
zlancerman

Def file.

Postby mtcavity » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:40 pm

DO NOT USE THIS DEFINITION!

Here are the Maps I found although there was a puzzling question/problem.

No MAF? Maybe it meters air, but I found no temperature, barometric pressure, or MAF scalings.

I was searching ECU pin outs and found that it might use MAP to measure air and help quantify for other engine systems. This sucks because I do not know what to look for in the data, not really being too familiar with MAP sensor related maps. I would like someone that is familiar with MAP tuning to look this over and find the necessary maps for this particular engine management setup.

What should I be looking for with MAP management, or how does the ECU make its final AFR decision using MAP? Are the sensors like air temperature and density measured using different, possibly separate sensors?

I am willing to purchase a service manual for this vehicle ($20 online) for the specific engine management system for this vehicle if you can give me a specific trim, year, market for this vehicle (Lancer MX?).

Any thoughts?
Attachments
200- Mitsubishi Lancer MX (AT) [92520000] ROM-XML.rar
(63.92 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
mtcavity

Postby zlancerman » Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:19 pm

I'll see what I can find out from the individual. Thanks for entertaining this!
zlancerman

Postby zlancerman » Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:17 am

Okay from the owner:
MR wrote:It is a 1.6L version..Lancer GLX... MAF...
zlancerman

Postby mtcavity » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:38 am

DO NOT TUNE THE SCALINGS YET! No maps have been changed but scalings were updated.

Hello guys (and gals), I have been busy this summer with my Galant and will be throughout the winter. I have been very neglectant in the ROM archiving and recently went over all the ROMs again to make some requested updates. I am running into separate versions of ROMs with the same CAL IDs. A simple solution to this is just use the XML of the ROM you need, and comparisons will need to “swap” XMLs to compare like model mapping.

One of the changes affects the whole EVO lineup, being boost limit. (thank you Zakie@TIC)

There were also updates for the entire Mitsubishi lineup on scalings, in particular Open Loop tables, Accel Enrichment, Boost Desired Engine Load, and Wastegate Duty. Previous scalings were tied to addresses associated with 3 dimensional tables, or in other words; If RPM scalings were needed, the scaling would be sought after in association to the sensor scaling (CAS, temp,) based off of a 3D AFR map or equivalent. They were good to tune the map with, but if one wanted to re-scale the particular map, it would have been applied to the 3D scaling. In the beginning of the scalings data (where the maps end when read in HEX) there are the scalings used for “single variable” tables or 2 dimensional tables, followed by 2D fuel map scalings, then followed by sets of scalings used in the 3 dimensional maps. (The scalings are surprisingly listed in the same fashion the maps are laid out). I have run tests on my car via data-logger, with most of the fuel/open loop maps responded closer to the new set of RPM scalings. There were 4-8 variations per ROM on RPM scalings based on the cell count a map uses and features of the model. I am hoping on having the ability to change the actual scaling values to better tune in different mechanical set-ups, or focus on distinct areas of an RPM/Load range (particularly fuel system upgrades or cams).I do not know how to disassemble using IDA, so if IDA is linking the maps up to the other set of scalings (with the matching loads underneath for like AFR) let me know and I’ll change them back. It just seems logical that each particular system (fuel maps, ignition maps, MAF scalings, and Open Loop settings) have its own reference based on the sensor feedback, where maps/scalings would not necessarily intermingle on the data level, like what scaling is looked up and applied to a system on the ECU end. One circuit, one scaling…

I am still working on the idle maps on the temperature scalings to find the appropriate temperature ranges based on logged temps vs. temperature/voltage ranges.

My major issue with the EVO Wastegate/Boost-Engine Load scalings is verifying the feedback using a data-logger (like EVO Scan) and making sure the scalings are accurate. I do not own an EVO, or would have been done already. I am using my factory ECU and will not be swapping in a sister ECU, or an EVO ECU with a re-pinning, till winter.

What I need is for the EVO owners with electronic boost control to compare logs with the actual output of the engine management to make sure everything is copasetic with the correlation of RPM scalings, to the map data. Look to make sure the RPM scalings match what is being output by the ECU.

None of the changes will affect the ROM in any way other than the variable your tuning with as a reference. So no worries people. :wink:

I hope this not a case of where I just convinced myself! So give me direction on this and set me straight on the ECU’s method of lookup on scalings.
mtcavity

Re: Stock Roms and XML link...

Postby hopwabbit » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:52 am

mtcavity,
I'm unable to access the following link
Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evo_7-8-9-Airtrek-_XMLs_-_11-12-2007 (EVO9 fix).rar

I get the following error, when I click on the link to download
The selected attachment does not exist anymore.

Cheers
hopwabbit

Postby todd-w » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:10 pm

which rom id ??
todd-w

Postby hopwabbit » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:13 am

todd-w,
need it for 89970017 (Airtrek)
hopwabbit

Postby todd-w » Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:37 am

try this one attached
Attachments
89970017.xml
(16.58 KiB) Downloaded 910 times
todd-w

Postby Evo4Mad » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:28 pm

======================================================================================================================================================
New Centralised Community ROMS Database, for latest ROMs and XMLs
======================================================================================================================================================
http://www.evoscan.com/roms/mitsubishi/
http://www.evoscan.com/roms/subaru/
Evo4Mad

Postby radsdau » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:18 pm

That's looking like a really useful resource. Thanks.
radsdau

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion