AH990 5512 Tuned ROM STI Type UK

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

AH990 5512 Tuned ROM STI Type UK

Postby andy.uk » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:04 am

Been working on this ROM for a few weeks.
Set Lambda to 0.8 through the power.
Timing advanced nicely.
Good luck flashing
Attachments
STI TUNED MAP.hex
(192 KiB) Downloaded 729 times
andy.uk

Postby swifty » Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:47 am

Hi Andy

I noticed your base ignition scale goes to 5.10 load but the knock correction goes to 4.70. Have you just rescaled the base ignition table or was it like this already ?

What changes did you make to the timing in terms of advance ?

What fuel are you using ? Optimax ?

Cheers
swifty

re

Postby andy.uk » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:06 pm

Using Optimax of course even though its £1.03 here now :evil:

Just rescaled the Base map for now as engine load goes right up the 5.2 ish when running 1.2 bar.

Timing advanced about 5deg in the base map.
Would you recommend altering the advance map as well?
andy.uk

Postby swifty » Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:24 am

To be honest I haven't made any changes to the scales on my maps. I commented on yours because as far as I know they are always matched, at least in the ones I have seen have been anyway.

My jdm maps for fuel and ignition all go to load 5.6 and I haven't achieved this even with the boost turned up to 1.5 bar. 5.3 is about as high as it has got.

I took a lot of timing out initially while I was getting the AFR sorted out and experimenting with the boost levels, but my maps are still quite a bit more advanceed than yours. How close to det did you tune ?

I have also been using Optimax. I planned on tuning on that then I would also be able to use Tesco 99, but there is some talk of Optimax having been improved so is higher octane, so I'm no longer certain which way to go now. I think I will await the official announcement from Shell and go from there. In the meantime I'm back to the standard map as my tune wasn't finished and I now need to buy a new wideband.
swifty

re

Postby andy.uk » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:26 am

does you cars map have a Main Ign map and Ign correction?
Or just high oct Ign Map and Low Oct Ign Map?
Mine has got the Main and IGN Correction maps, I am now toying with just leaving the Main maps standard and advancing the IGN correction maps and letting the Advance mutiplier do all the advance work.
Regards
andy.uk

Postby swifty » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:51 am

My car has Main Ignition Map and Knock Correction Map. It also has Idle Ignition maps.

The High and Low Octane maps are for fuel and are referred to as Low Det (High Octane) and High Det (low Octane)

All the maps have the same scales for load and rpm.

I have done all my adjustments so far to knock correction. I'm working on the basis that I would only need to reduce the base timing if my knock correction got towards zero. Then I would reduce the base timing and add some knock correction. I think knock correction is the safety net, and if it's at zero you always run the full timing and have nowhere to go if the engine starts to det.
swifty

re

Postby andy.uk » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:45 am

Can you please post a copy of your Rom for us to see what
alterations you have made to fuel and timing?

What is your full Model of Impeza?
andy.uk

Postby swifty » Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:16 am

Andy
You have mail.

My car is a 2001 bugeye JDM STI
swifty

Return to General Discussion