Can we do better than EDM WRX STi PPP?

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Can we do better than EDM WRX STi PPP?

Postby crispyduck » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:23 pm

I've played with own EDM WRX MY03 for a while now (FYI see here) and now it's time to move to my friends EDM MY04 WRX STi PPP (A4RN200H AH992 5513).

His car is standard, no exhaust mods, _only_ the PPP from the dealer. Within the next couple of weeks I'll be doing a number of base data logs to see the current state of his car and check things are fine. I'll also read his PPP maps and compare them to a stock one and see what I can learn.

On to my question ... realistically what can be tweeked to enhance this map? Can we get any more performance from this with only ECU mods?

Feedback/ideas welcome. Note this is not a DBW STi, in Europe (UK) they switched for MY05.

Regards,
-Steve.
P.S: Posted this also on Open Source ECU Roms
crispyduck

Postby swifty » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:40 am

Steve

I suspect there probably is room for improvement just from mapping given that you can usually get quite a lot more than 300bhp out of the UK STI with a custom remap. I understand that the PPP replaces the cat for a high flow version, replaces the backbox and also uprates the fuel pump so you should have potential for at least a 10% increase in power and torque over what it has now.

I have been tuning a JDM STI and have got good gains so far from just sorting out the fuelling and increasing boost. I have a 2.5" decat exhaust, walbro pump, green panel filter and 3 port boost solenoid fitted. I need to learn more about AVCS because there are gains to be had there too.

I followed your threads from early this year about tuning your WRX. What else have you experimented with on it since then ?
swifty

Return to General Discussion