Help - No Power to OBD Port?

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Help - No Power to OBD Port?

Postby pjensen641 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:27 pm

Hey experts, I am not sure where this post should go.

I have an '04 WRX and just installed and Up-pipe and Downpipe and was going to flash my ECU to Cobb Stage 2 using Cobbs AccessPort. The problem is that the AccessPort isn't getting power. It powers up with the supplied wall plug in, but not in the car with the OBD cable.

I tried to check all the pins on my OBD port using my multi meter, and couldn't find any pins with 12V. I know the AccessPort uses power from the OBD port. Does anyone know which pin on the OBD port is supposed to supply power? Is so, plese tell me which pin so I can double check it (note, please describe the pin location or let me know where I can find a pin numbering scheme if you respond with a pin number)

Also, 3 months ago, I had some warranty engine work done. In addition, I just got an emissions inspection. Is it possible that a wire/connector could have been left unplugged after any of these operations?

If anyone has any ideas I would really apreciate hearing from you. I know there are a lot of hardware gurus around here.

Thanks,

Pete
pjensen641

Postby pjensen641 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:03 pm

Whoops....sorry about that. Turns out my meter probes were to fat to make contact with the port connectors. I have 12 volt to pin 1. I ended up diving in to the service manual wire diagrams to find the connector schematic.

Guess I'll call Cobb in the morning and have them send me another one of thier crappy cables.

Pete
pjensen641

Return to General Discussion