Pulling a cobb map, adding to it and reflashing back....

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Postby 05GarnetLGT » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:24 pm

that puts me in a bind....
cobb is supposedly working on a
TCU reflash to be eventually included in the AP2, which I am very interested in.
05GarnetLGT

Postby tekgnosis » Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:01 am

crap...suspicions have been proven. my car is overboosting in every gear but first.

hopefully I can get this cable sooner rather than later. i hate having to pay for express shipping, but she might be in order!

in 2-5th gear, the boost keeps climbing and never stops (well, I didn't let it get past 20psi...that's how high my gauge goes).

first gear gets to around 16/17 and holds strong till I shift.
tekgnosis

Postby RktWgn » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:14 pm

FWIW, I was just able to pull a Cobb map from my ECU ('05 FXT), un-marry the AP, backup the stock map as well, and then write the Cobb map back to the ECU. A comparison of the backed up Cobb map and the one on the ECU showed them to be the same (per ECUFlash). Running a comparison to the stock map showed differences in six "areas" (not sure of correct terminology). Car seems to run the same today (unmarried) as it did yesterday on the AP. I guess that would make sense. I'll run some logs tomorrow to see what's going on.

This would seem to indicate Cobb hasn't locked their ROM's as my AP is 2 weeks old.

Scott
RktWgn

Postby awdwrxluvr » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:25 pm

My friend did the same on an 06 STi w/ no problems. The maps are not krypted like ecutek.
awdwrxluvr

Previous

Return to General Discussion