TARI Racing Software

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

TARI Racing Software

Postby calvinc » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:45 am

there is a new comer - TARI Racing Software (www.tari.co.za)
calvinc

A

Postby NeverLies » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:50 am

Seems to be good soft. Are you the author or do you know him ?
NeverLies

Postby calvinc » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:59 am

tari is my contribution to fighting for the same cause as all users of this forum. i have also done all the development...

currently trying to get it out and tested on as many different ecu's as possible. next step is to figure out the 'flashing' side of the ecu. once i can download it i'm pretty sure i can figure out where the maps are...

calvin.
calvinc

Postby NeverLies » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Nice ;)
Have you tried to read block by block some data from an ECU ?
When you try to read block data (A0 command), you have to give a first parameter on one byte and then adress on 3 bytes. Do you know what first byte stand for ?
NeverLies

Postby calvinc » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:18 pm

i dont know what the first byte is for but i've only ever seen it as 0. so it cant be that important for the diagnostics.

can you download the rom contents through the SSM protocol or is it possibly another? do you know how big the rom contents are?

calvin.
calvinc

Postby NeverLies » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:21 pm

I have tried to changed the value of this first byte while trying to read some block and when it is set to 1, the ECU is always reading the block in continuous mode. Only way to stop it is to send an init command.

I did not get yet any rom from my ECU and I don't know yet the rom size.
Will do some more tests this week ;)
NeverLies

Postby calvinc » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:28 pm

if i understand you correctly by setting it to 1 you are able to get the ecu to continuously send the address values requested? currently i am querying and then processing the return, this obviously slows down the capture rate.

thanks for the info, i'll test that out and let you know.

i should have some solid working info on how to download the roms by the end of next week. also hopefully on map location, etc, etc.

calvin.
calvinc

Postby NeverLies » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:03 pm

Right, should be good for faster communication/refresh but you are limited to read at most a block of FF contiguous bytes.
NeverLies

Postby Spiider » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:19 pm

Hey just a question...have you considered joining with our effort to contribute your knowledge?

Have you thought about open source code for your software?

It looks like his stuff is ahead of the stuff here in terms of user interface and logging options, it could be a good head start for the future dev of this project and yours as well. (or both together)
Spiider

Postby calvinc » Sun Apr 24, 2005 1:27 pm

have you considered joining with our effort to contribute your knowledge?

i only found openecu.org tonight...didnt think there was such a big effort from other people for the same thing...would like to offer and learn as much as i can.

Have you thought about open source code for your software?

i havent, but i am giving it away for free. i will consider it, but there is nothing special about the tari dl1, all the required information seems to be available on this forum. only the interface is unique, but its a little slow sometimes...i'm trying to speed it up at the moment.

open source might be the way to go?
calvinc

Postby bofh » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:09 am

That URL made me grin. I lived in Jo'burg for about 6 months, and loved it. (Actually Sandton and Kempton Park. Kinda the same, right?) I am actually listening to 5fm over the net right now. :D Where do you live in SA?

Anyway, I also encourage you to open your source. You will still own your project, but others may learn from it. Also, you may get many patches and suggestions from others. Everyone I have seen with an open source project learns a lot from many teachers all over the world.

Also, for your forum link, why not point here? A single point of contact for this would be good.
bofh

Postby calvinc » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:47 am

That URL made me grin.

glad you like... :-)

Where do you live in SA?

i live on the coast, bout 1100km away from joburg.

calvin.
calvinc

Postby cmj » Mon Apr 25, 2005 1:28 pm

Nice logger, I used it on my 04 usdm wrx ecu AH793. Every thing worked great but the advance multiplier was displayed as 128.
cmj

Postby crazymikie » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:16 pm

The advance multiplier is at a different address for different ECU revisions. It could be reading the wrong address for the ah793.

Mike
crazymikie

Postby calvinc » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:28 am

crazymikie is right...didnt realize they changed stuff around on different ecu's...pretty stupid idea in my opinion...

if you know where the AM is for that ECU type then please send it on.

calvin.
calvinc

Next

Return to General Discussion