im new to this... and i want to learn... please help

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

im new to this... and i want to learn... please help

Postby bugeye » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:55 pm

hey everyone...
i just purchased a tactrix openport 2.0 cable, and would really like to learn on how to do it properly, would love to tune cars for a hobby...
biggest issue im finding is that it is hard to find someone that will teach you, show you examples give you base maps to play with...
so im asking for people who want to help, who are willing to give me there stock mapping of their cars wether they may be subaru or mitsubishi, i just want to learn and i figured the best way to learn is by doing it your self, and hopefully having some people there too guide you...
i my self own a 02 wrx, puts out 207awkw.... so i obviously have the map for that but would really like some help....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
bugeye

Re: im new to this... and i want to learn... please help

Postby radsdau » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Welcome.
First suggestion: Spend a few hours here and on the romraider forums.
:)
radsdau

Postby -TONI- » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:30 am

hello you can direct us to the discussions that help us learn?
-TONI-

Postby mporeda » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:33 am

Yep, although that youtube series is made with an Evo as an example, almost everything there is equally applicable to your Subaru with the exception of the MUT tables. Watch that series and it will probably answer most of your questions. Two other points would be a) save a backup of your stock ROM after you do your first read and b) if you ever run in to trouble during reflashing don't turn the car off as you can always restart the flashing process after you correct the issue (laptop dies, USB uplugged, etc) as long as you don't turn the car off.
mporeda

Return to General Discussion