hello from oxfordshire uk

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

hello from oxfordshire uk

Postby jago » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:21 pm

hi all, i have a 2001 MG ZS 180 with the seimens ems 2000 ecu, i have been doing a little hunting for mapping for this unit however it's a little sparce...
so i frist brought an elm327 and had some fun data loggin with it, i then brought a galletto 1260 and now have a 32Kb file i think in hex, however this is where i am now stuck.
normally i get an ecu (megasquirt, dta, emerald, motec etc..) and they have a lead and software to plug in and map, however no one seams to have a program to edit this ecu, i would prefer live mapping but flashing and logging is also good.

i have found that the ecu is used in other 2.5v6 rover 4x4's and some volvos and some bmw minis....

any and all advise would be great :)

jago.
jago

Re: hello from oxfordshire uk

Postby radsdau » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:33 pm

Hi there, and welcome to the community.

Most of the work here is with Subaru and Mitsubishi vehicles, so afaik you won't find anything MG here. But post the ROM if you like, and perhaps someone will want to have a look and see what maps they can find.

Alternatively, find a copy of IDA Pro (there is a legal free version around) and disassemble it yourself. Sometimes using a hex editor, or just hacking away in WinOLS is all you need if you have the time and patience.

To make definition files for your ROM so you can use ECUFlash, just follow the example of existing Subaru xmls. Deduction may be necessary.

As always, do this at your own risk! It is possible to break things (ecu, car, you, reputation) doing this process, especially for the first time / new vehicle.

I presume the hardware you have enables you to reflash a modified ROM back in if you were able to obtain a read of the factory binary?

All the best.
radsdau

Re: hello from oxfordshire uk

Postby jago » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:32 pm

hi, i have a file here (see attached) also i have had a look with winOLS and i'm not sure where the maps are as they seam scrambled where it says map data is. ill have a look for that program as i am keen on playing with it, i also dont want it to be "remapped" and not know what has actually been changed if anything... :roll:
Attachments
MGZS180 - Copy.hex
(32 KiB) Downloaded 788 times
jago

Return to General Discussion