look what i find... MOD ROMS

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

look what i find... MOD ROMS

Postby danny1058 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:20 am

I HOPE THIS HELP HERE..

http://forums.evolutionm.net/ecuflash/3 ... ost4830835

GO IN TO THE LINK ABOVE AND IT SHOW PICS AND ALL THE INFO

Hey guys,
I have been trying to help people “mod” their ROM’s and get so many questions once they try and fail. I have decided to give my part back to the community and take the better part of an hour to write this instruction guide on how to apply a modified/patched ROM and make it work in your car. This write up is using Tephra’s modified no lift to shift (nlts)/flash cel on knock/valet mod.

Here it goes:

Download your ROM patch as shown below:

Extract the contents of the .zip file and you will have 3 files as shown below:

Find out your version of ECUFlash by opening it and going to Help, then about:

CLOSE ECUFLash AFTER YOU GET THE VERSION IT MUST BE CLOSED!

Open the text document that was provided in the zip file by tephra appropriate to
your ECUFlash version as shown below:

Go to this directory as shown below:

Open up the provided text document and copy just the first segment as shown below:

Paste this segment of code in the XML you opened in the ECUFlash directory and make sure word wrap is not selected, if it is go to format and uncheck word wrap as shown below:

It should now look like this:

Tab the code over to make it look pleasing to the eye when reading the XML file (this does not have to be done, but being a computer science/programmer it is a pet peeve of mine) as shown below:

Copy the rest of the provided code by the modder as shown below:

Paste it just before the </rom>, this is the end of the definition if you paste it after that then it will not work properly. Paste it as shown below:

Tab it as shown below if you want to:

SAVE IT!

Open up ECUFlash and change the user level to advanced or developer, CLOSE IT AFTER YOU DO THIS AND OPEN IT BACK UP!

Open up your ROM’s, your current one and the modified one provided by tephra (in this example):

Now we need to copy all of the tables from your current ROM over to tephra’s patched ROM, to do this highlight all the fields and copy them, then highlight all the fields on the tephra’s patched ROM and paste them there. Check your scaling too, if you or a tuner changed that make sure you change that on tephra’s patched ROM or that will be off as well. Do this for every single table in the entire ROM! If you do not check everything then you can miss something important and your car will either not run right or cause damage!

Make sure you copy over you Immobilizer! If you do not your car will not work!

Finally after you make all the changes (you should not have made any changes to your original ROM just copied everything from it to Tephra's modified ROM) save the file as whatever you want and flash it to your car. Start it up and enjoy NLTS!
danny1058

Re: look what i find... MOD ROMS

Postby miveckecik » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:03 pm

have you try it?can work with gt non turbo?
miveckecik

Return to General Discussion