Bad µSD slot on OP2.0 RevE?

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Bad µSD slot on OP2.0 RevE?

Postby gvfs » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:53 pm

Searched high and low for the proper home for this post found nothing.

Do the following characteristics constitute normal behavior for an OP2.0 RevE running FW 1.11.3137?
-OpenPort 2.0 device only intermittently shows up as a USB-connected device on the 32-bit Win7 PC to which it is connected.
-Known-good SanDisk 2GB FAT16 or FAT32 µSD card is almost always unrecognized when inserted into the µSD slot.
-When known-good SanDisk 2GB FAT16 or FAT32 µSD card is recognized, any extant files, e.g., logcfg.txt have been erased.
-When known-good SanDisk 2GB FAT16 or FAT32 µSD card is recognized often the file system has become unrecognizable, the volume is seen as RAW and in need of formatting.
-When known-good SanDisk 2GB FAT16 or FAT32 µSD card is recognized that recognition does not survive a reboot.

So each time I manage to get the µSD volume recognized, I have to copy over the logcfg.txt anew. Is there any point in trying to log since the files and/or FS will be erased the next time I plug the OP2.0 into the PC with the µSD inserted into the OP2.0, or is this how this product is supposed to work?
gvfs

Return to General Discussion