iPad or Tablet platform

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Re: iPad or Tablet platform

Postby mporeda » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:22 am

EcuFlash is in part developed using Qt which is a framework built on top of C++. It's currently at version 5.0 although we are slightly behind the most current version. Qt is planning Android support in upcoming version 5.2. I'm not sure what the release date is on that and I don't know how soon after we would look at supporting Android devices, but it is something we plan to investigate. Driver issues would be a big question to answer. And if we did get it working, I don't know if the Android application would allow for full editing of large tables over a touch screen interface, which may not work all that well or maybe instead slimmed down functionality to mainly let people change maps. It's unlikely that we'll be looking in to wireless implementations anytime soon for the reliability issue mentioned here. We're a small team with a lot on our plate so we'd rather focus on improving the software itself than making the product wireless.
mporeda

Re: iPad or Tablet platform

Postby ronw » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:14 pm

To piggy back this discussion, I've got my JDM STi v8 running in a 68 Porsche and the Tactrix 2.0 was indispensable! its tuned and running well now and i no longer have to carry the laptop around. I was hoping to get the Android app Torque running with a cheap OBD2 BT connector and although it works fine in my other USDM vehicles, it turns out the JDM motor/ecu uses SSM protocol (no OBD2) and the BT adapter is an ELM327 protocal. the android tablet see's and can connect to ecu but apparently no comm return. So, is there a way to use the Tactrix because its obviously implementing the SSM protocol with the Torque app on the Android device? I checked the Torque forum but only working with the sole SSM adapter that is BT (obdkey) but since i already own the Tactrix, it would be nice to use for monitoring and data logging purposes.
ronw

Previous

Return to General Discussion