Set obd2 readiness monitors with a scanner

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Set obd2 readiness monitors with a scanner

Postby cupuser » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:12 pm

I'm new here and I hope I'm in the right forum. Sorry If I am. I have a question to ask. I looking for a obd2 and CAN protocol scanner that can write, edit, and change the readiness monitors of the ecu to complete once the battery are disconnected or the check engine been turned off without having to do the drive cycle procedure. A scanner that can use not for one vehicle manufacures but for all manufactures, just like a regular obd2 scanner the can reads and erased codes for all manufacture. I have a 2002 camry v6-3.0l and had changed the battery recently and took it in for smog check and it failed smog check because the readiness monitors was incomplete. The smog tech asked me to drive the car for about 50 miles bring it back and it should pass. After 50, 100, 150 miles still the monitors not complete. Is there a tool that can hack the ecu and makes the readiness monitors to set to complete without having to do the driving cycle?? Please let me know step by step.

Thanks for your time.
cupuser

Return to General Discussion