ECU Flash-Rescaling for new injectors

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

ECU Flash-Rescaling for new injectors

Postby oregon123 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:21 pm

This seems like an easy task..but I dont want to mess it up.
2002 WRX.

I have a new set of injectors to install (600cc), I have flow reports on them. I have flow reports on the injectors currently in the car(900cc). So I am changing to a smaller flow-rate injector (to try to improve idle, 900 are way to big for the engine).

In the ECU flash software, when I open my ROM, under the injector category, and the injector scaling field it says 649.94

What should I change this value to when I drop in the new 600cc injectors? and is that all I have to do? anything else need changing? thank you very much in advance.
oregon123

Re: ECU Flash-Rescaling for new injectors

Postby KanScooby » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:23 am

Hi, I could be wrong here, but that scaling seems to be on the lower side for 900cc injectors. How was your Fuel correction and learning at idle with those settings?
KanScooby

Re: ECU Flash-Rescaling for new injectors

Postby oregon123 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:18 am

fuel trims are high at idle, up to +15-20%. We have been attributing it to poor atomization coming out of these injectors.

But, I am just going to take it to a shop that is experienced with this, i dont want to mess anything up.
oregon123

Return to General Discussion