Trouble getting unit to read

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Trouble getting unit to read

Postby indcent » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:04 am

ok.. i have a 2001 ecu in a 2000 eclipse gs auto the ecu is from an o1 gs auto.. i need to delete the immobilizer in the unit. im very new to this and the open port 2.0 that i bought came with 0 instructions.. ive read up and down the forums and i cant seem to figure out where im going wrong.. when i hook up the port in my car it reads it then says unknown rom image.. i tried to go through with one of the preloaded definitions but it doesnt pop up any charts or anything .. or any options to drop the immobilizer.. i would be willing to send someone a few bucks for some of their time in helping me figure this problem out as im without a car until this is fixed.. thanks so much
indcent

Re: Trouble getting unit to read

Postby indcent » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:22 am

ok.. ive got it to read.. i just cant figure out how to delete the immobilizer.. i have a rom and a xml that will work for my ecu .. just cant figure it out.. ive changed lines and ive edited the xml.. to no avail.. please any help would be great..
attached is a copy of the rom and xml im using.. cant tell where im going wrong
01_ECLIPSE_GS_USDM_AT_85850013.hex
rom
(256 KiB) Downloaded 724 times
Attachments
85850013.xml
xml
(6.96 KiB) Downloaded 696 times
indcent

Return to General Discussion