ROM ID seems to have changed between versions of ECUflash

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

ROM ID seems to have changed between versions of ECUflash

Postby Matz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:26 am

This is for a 2008 Evo 8.

I'm trying to make some adjustments to my professional tune, but am now encountering problems that I hadn't had before. Basically, some of the table data is garbled. After some research, I think that while not all of the data is garbled, most of it is wrong.

My last good ROM from over a year ago opens fine in ECUflash, and all of the tables at least look correct. And the ROM ID comes up as 94170008.

I have downloaded the current ROM from my car twice -- once with the current beta version of ECUflash, and once with the last stable release. Both of them return a ROM ID of 94170015. When I look at the data, like the boost table, for example, the column values are all messed up.

I thought I would be tricky and make a copy of the 94170008 metadata and rename it to 94170015.xml, and change the internal values to also say 94170015. ECUflash is too smart for me because it gave me a ROM read error when I tried to open it.

I did a diff on the two pieces of metadata, and saw that all of the load addresses are different, and some of the elements are present in one, but absent in the other, which I think would explain the read error.

Has anyone else had this issue, where the ROM ID between versions of ECUflash is different? Next, I'm going to try to download the 2009 versions and try each one until I find one that works, but I thought this was kind of weird and figured that there might be another way to handle it.

Thanks...
Matz

Re: ROM ID seems to have changed between versions of ECUflas

Postby Matz » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:29 am

Apparently, my ROM is based on tephra's work, but I can't figure out how to open the file correctly. What I've done so far is found an SVN repo with tephra metadata in it. I've coped over 94170015.xml, as well as all of the metadata prefixed by "TephraMOD". When I open the ROM, the boost table is still garbled. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Matz

Postby todd-w » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:14 am

can you attach the rom there were quiet a few different versions and add ons to tephras rom done by different people so you could have a mongrel rom so to speak :lol:
todd-w

Postby Matz » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:53 am

Sorry, I should have posted a reply. I have since heard back from my tuner, who let me know that the most recent ROM on my car is indeed a tephra mod. :) Thanks very much for your help, though!
Matz

Return to General Discussion