02 forester ecu question

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

02 forester ecu question

Postby brianbucar » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

question for folks on here....

any reason the 02 forester (and similar) havent been cracked? i mean, im not a good programmer at all otherwise id have looked into it for a few reasons.

speed density. no maf makes me happy. i spend alot of time tinkering with old 80's turbo chryslers so speed density seems easier to me than a maf. i know the ecu is 1-bar as it sits but i wouldnt think scaling the tables that reference map would be all that hard to enable turbo operation.

built in wideband controller. i was surprised when i looked down in the engine bay and saw a bosch lsu4 wideband sensor. that would make tuning a snap i would think if the logs from the ecu contained wideband data.

the engine attached to these ecu's has no tumble generators.

the engine attached to these ecus has easy to get top feed injectors.

just curious i suppose. :)

thanks

Brian
brianbucar

Re: 02 forester ecu question

Postby jdchmiel » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Nobody has figured out how to reflash it... Other than ecutek who only sells an NA upgrade reflash, not an end user tunable solution.
So it is REALLY EFFING annoying that it is possible, but that nobody knows how to do it other than one group who wont release a solution turbo users can use.
jdchmiel

Re: 02 forester ecu question

Postby radsdau » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Apparently they don't do it any more. It's a flakey process and I'm lead to believe they broke too many ECUs for it to be worthwhile.
So it's probably a good thing.
radsdau

Return to General Discussion