Tactrix openport 2.0 for Hyunadi

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Tactrix openport 2.0 for Hyunadi

Postby promo » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Hey guys, I've got a 2008 Hyundai Tiburon, with a CAN based ECU/Protocol.
I'll openly admit i'm a complete newb at this and I would absolutely love to be able to use tactrix to tune by ecu. It's cheap and so far most people have said that it's reliable. :D

I have a lot of questions.
1. How can I use tactrix. Is it just a device that plugs into the OBDII port and I use a USB cable to plug it into my laptop?
2. How can I create a base map or what type of base map would I be using for this?
3. Is it universal? Would the Openport 2.0 work with my ECU?

Has anyone tried this with a Hyundai? I'm on about 5 Hyundai forums and i've never heard of tactrix until this morning when one of my friend's told me about it. I'm very surprised. I wish it was more popular, and if it does work for me...i'll bet I can get at least 10-20 people interested. There aren't any good tuners out there for the Hyundai Tiburon, almost everyone state side uses piggybacks and if people are making big power they switch up to an EMS such as the Hydra.
But in Korea SAM2000 is very popular, but I do not know Korean so even considering using it would be another world of fun.

If anyone can offer some advice/input I would appreciate it.
promo

Re: Tactrix openport 2.0 for Hyunadi

Postby promo » Tue May 11, 2010 8:00 am

Anyone have any ideas?

I would love to use tactrix, it's a better method IMO
But, how do I do it?
I'm a newb, someone help me out..lol
promo

Re: Tactrix openport 2.0 for Hyunadi

Postby HsamehH » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:35 pm

yes it can be done but not via tactrix,if you would like to send me the ecu i can remap it for you.
HsamehH

Return to General Discussion