Noob's guide to data logging...

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Noob's guide to data logging...

Postby Tom1981 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:44 am

Hi All,

I am a noob to the world of data logging etc and I am wondering if there is an idiots guide somewhere - I have had a good look around and cannot find one.

I have a 1994 version 1 STi that I got a chipped ecu for from a colleague. Target boost map was modififed up to around 1.15bar, but with both the old JDM (SA) ECU and the new chipped ECU max boost achieved on rolling road was 0.9bar. Code on chip was checked and is correct.

So I am looking to log for indicators as to what is causing the boost to remain at 0.9 bar, for example throttle position sensor not reading high enough to reach corresponding boost level in table etc etc. I am using a colleagues custom logging prog which runs off the SSM (Subaru select Monitor) port and works pretty well.

Is there a "How to" for noobs known to anyone or if not can anyone give me a nudge in the right direction of a good set of parameters to log and a rough idea of how to get the cleanest results etc! How/where do I begin?!

Cheers for your help! :wink:

Tom

Much appreciated
Tom1981

Re: Noob's guide to data logging...

Postby aowie1 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:57 pm

aowie1

Postby radsdau » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:17 pm

Good find! Nice succinct overview.
This should almost be made sticky.
radsdau

Postby KanScooby » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:25 am

Tom1981 wrote:So I am looking to log for indicators as to what is causing the boost to remain at 0.9 bar, for example throttle position sensor not reading high enough to reach corresponding boost level in table etc etc. I am using a colleagues custom logging prog which runs off the SSM (Subaru select Monitor) port and works pretty well.

Hi, I run a JDM Forester S/TB Manual Tranny all stock and logging with Evoscan. I get peak boost os 0.9bar tapering down to 0.8bar towards redline.
I would be interested in your logger, especially if you are able to log Dynamic Advance Multiplier aka IAM....do share :wink:
KanScooby

Return to General Discussion