ECU reading / flashing on non-turbo Impreza's

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

ECU reading / flashing on non-turbo Impreza's

Postby GreenMachine » Wed Apr 19, 2006 3:00 pm

Has anyone been messing around with this stuff on non-turbo Impreza's?? I have a 99 RX Impreza that I'd like to have a play with and the instructions that apply to WRX's don't quite seem to work for my non-turbo RX Impreza. For one thing jumpering the test mode connectors is different. In my RX, both of the black and green connectors have only 2 conductors, not 3 or 4 as described for the WRX in the forums. I did try joining the green connectors and interfacing to the ECU (to read only), but the software reported no connection and the car seemed to go into some kind of diagnostic loop where it sounded like the accessory igntion was repeatedly being turned on and off at regular around 1-1/2 second intervals. At that point I quit, hoping that I hadn't damaged the ECU or anything, which it appears did not happen thank god.

I was using a Tactrix Openport 1.2 cable and ECUexplorer 3.0.6

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lyle
GreenMachine

Postby calvinc » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:55 pm

the protocols within ecuExplorer only support MY01 -> MY05 drive-by-cable subaru. unfortunately your model has a different processor which is not yet supported by any freeware software.

calvin.
calvinc

Return to General Discussion