Anyone else have a broke USB port on their 2.0

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Anyone else have a broke USB port on their 2.0

Postby deserted1 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:04 pm

Turns out went to plug my 2.0 into a car today and the usb port snapped off. This sucks its less than 5 months old still. And its babied.
deserted1

Re: Anyone else have a broke USB port on their 2.0

Postby absubtle » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Between me and another tuner, we have broken 2. One was sent back to Tactrix and they did warranty it....but it took over 3 months to get a replacement. So I bought another one. On a 08 WRX, it is right in the way, another tuner broke it off, trying to get out of the car. That one, we didn't even bother to try and warranty, we just bought another one. So far we have had 5 Tactrix 2.0's, 2 I guess is a work expense, but I am definantly careful w/ the rest of them. We have 2 1.3's and they work flawless.
I kinda like Cobb's AP swivel head on the OBDII connector :oops:
Absubtle
CO
absubtle

Postby deserted1 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:27 am

ya well im definatly going to say this needs to be warrenty, im not rough on my stuff. Hell I store the thing in a old school cd case to be safe. The cobb cable is nothing special, its a USB cable as normal but the swivel is on the cable not the plug, I had one before going OS, it actually hangs lower I think..

I am kinda depressed on how it broke, I plugged the usb cable in and noticed it didnt really feel solid, Looked at it and was like WTF.
deserted1

Postby funks » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:25 pm

Here's what I do to protect my OP 2 cable..

1) I bought one of those USB cables with an UP- ANGLE, I then taped the cable to the body of the OP2 box (wrapped it a couple of times). So if one accidentally pulls the cable, it tugs on the taped section, not on the mini-usb connector..

2) I bought an ODB-II extension cable - So instead of having that OP2 box under the steering wheel, it's sitting safely in the passenger side..

Haven't broken it yet :]
funks

Postby izadoo » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:37 pm

yes, I broke my USB input off too, also not rough with it, rarely use it...I sent it in for possible repairs a couple weeks ago (end of October)...
I don't really plan on using it while it's cold outside, but it was nice to have in case anything went wrong...hopefully it is back in under 3 months,
but as long as it is back by spring and it works, I'll be happy.

update:::received my repaired 2.0 in the mail...works again...happy again....great service for me :)
izadoo

Postby cossie1 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:10 am

Mine broke the other night too.

Again wasn't rough with it, just fell off when I removed the usb cable.

Have emailed tactrix and waiting for reply.
cossie1

Postby cossie1 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:21 am

Received my replacement openport 2.0 cable today, and it doesn't power on when you plug the usb into pc :cry:
cossie1

Return to General Discussion