n00b alert but need some questions answered please!

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

n00b alert but need some questions answered please!

Postby Scoobtastic » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:16 am

Hi,
I'm just starting out on my quest to download/modify my ECU for my MY03 Subaru Impreza. I haven't got the jumper to plug into the white socket under the dash, although I've 'fashioned' a connector myself.
However, having never done this (and my primary reason for doing so is just to turn of the CEL error) I'm not sure what's meant to happen when I turn the ignition on?
Basically I've followed the guides from Scoobypedia but nowhere on the guides does it say that the fan will keep starting and stopping and the dash lights will flash? is this what generally happens?

I haven't yet managed to download my current map as my laptop is only running XP Media Centre and ECUFlash keeps crashing. I'm hoping loading XP Sp3 will get over any USB problems.
I just wanted to check that my 'workaround' fix on the white jumper block under the dash wasn't causing any future problems?

Matt
Scoobtastic

Re: n00b alert but need some questions answered please!

Postby Turbo Dan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Your check engine light will flash and your fans will cycle continuously while your green "D-check" Connectors are connected.

Dan
Turbo Dan

Re: n00b alert but need some questions answered please!

Postby Scoobtastic » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:39 am

Phew thanks Dan, that's exactly what happens!

I've installed XP SP3 on the laptop now, so I might tackle the download again (although its back breaking getting under that dash :lol: )

Matt
Scoobtastic

Return to General Discussion