need for dbw tuning

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

need for dbw tuning

Postby prodrive » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:48 am

Hi all;

I have a heavily built 2006 Edm sti (cossy internals and heads, blouch dom. 4.0R turbo etc...), I tune it by myself and some issues make me tired and dbw is one of them.

I would like to clarify my knowledge about DBW tuning. I would be happy if there is anyone to help me. Firstly, In order to increase rev limit, I have changed last rows in requested torque(acc.pedal table) also I increased the torque values in the table, but it is not possible more than 512.

Does The torque value in this table determine the angle of throttle plate via acc. pedal?

But I have not changed any value in target throttle plate position(requested torque) tables. Should I change requested torque values in these tables also?

I mean shall I change requested torque values(raw ecu value) in Target throttle plate tables depending on the changes in requested torque(acc. pedal) table.

I am a little bit confused, therefore I would be happy ıf anyone explain me tuning logic and working process of these tables. What kind of variables should be considered while tuning them? and how to tune them?
I am going to attach my rom file that you can inspect my dbw files.

thx
Attachments
01[1].02.2009s.hex
(1 MiB) Downloaded 634 times
prodrive

Re: need for dbw tuning

Postby Mad Max » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:00 am

Hi men, I will have the same problems and questions.
Only difference I install WRX ECU to my NA car.

Request torque for elecrotrottle is not absolutely value. ECU dot'n calculate it.
It just give accordance between pedal position- RPM-trottle position.
So we have 2 tables: Requestet totque from RPM and pedal position, 2-d Trottle plate from requested torque and RPM.
So you can use requested torque in % of 100% max. torque.
It will be the same. You need only use the same values in booth tables.

By the way- look here. http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33410
Mad Max

Return to General Discussion