Toyota ECU Reflash?

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

Toyota ECU Reflash?

Postby Spec C Wannabe » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:53 am

Anyone has any idea if Toyota ECU can be reflashed?

I have a project of building a budget race car and would like to go a reflash route for engine management part....

ECU is in the SCION engine and alike...

Thanks for your input
Spec C Wannabe

Postby Spec C Wannabe » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:46 pm

Need some input please.

Anyone have ever heard of it?
Spec C Wannabe

Postby Cap » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:43 pm

I'm a Noob here, and to re-flashing..

I've been looking for anyone that can flash Toyota ECU's also, as I don't want to loose my OBDII port ( Because of SMOG Requirements ).. I have not been able to find anyone.. Of my 6 Mo. searching, ( I'm a Toyota Owner ) the two options I have found are

1) Replace with a PFC, and contact a Guy Named Kevin Beanie, He Supplies a FREE program that will Hook up to the PFC/Datalogit, and his Program is called Co-Pilot.. it is used to tune or Auto-tune the Maps.. He Posts over at Spyderchat.com ( I do also ) That site is for Toyota Spyder Owners.

2) Replace the TOYOTA ECU with a HONDA ECU and HONDA Sensors. Then use all the Open/Free stuf to Tune Hondas.. That can be a LOT of work.. Depend On what you are In too..

Newcelica.org also has a lot of information on Tweeking Toyotas..

Also in the Searching I have done.. I've run across a 'New Standard' ( S.A.E.) that says all ECU after Model Year '03 must be able to be re-flashed by other than the Dealer.. That has been kept a Secret!!.. If that's the case.. Give me a '04 Toyota ECU, and then Make the Dealer cough up a Re-Flash protocol!!..

Good luck on your 'Hunt'
Cap

Return to General Discussion