I F**ed UP - Question about immobilizer ECU and reflashing

Announcements, dicussion about any topic that would have broad interest to the forum members

Moderator: Freon

I F**ed UP - Question about immobilizer ECU and reflashing

Postby hughjay » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:28 am

Hey guys,

Have a issue here, I'm gutting my evo9 and reducing weight and i've been trying to remove any unnecessary wiring harness. I was trying to see if the car would start without the immobilizer ecu (the small 2x3in black box near the OBDII port). So here the play-by-play of what happened:

1. Removed ignition column so a key would not be needed to switch from off-acc-on-start
2. Tried to start the car, car starts fine, i turn the car off
3. Removed the immobilizer ECU and try to start the car (with the key near the transponder), car starts up fine (wierd!!!) but i turn the car off maybe 3 seconds after i started it so i'm not sure if it was just running off of remaining fuel pressure
4. I give my keys to my friend and tell him to walk away from the car (very far away) and i try to start the car again (the immobilizer ECU is still disconnected), car starts fine but this time, it cuts out after 5-10 seconds.
5. I plug everything back in (the immobilizer ECU, the ignition column, the original key)
6. Car refuses to start, starter is turning over the engine but i don't hear the fuel pump and there may or may not be spark.

So here are my questions:

1. Does anyone know wtf happened (did i dis-marry the immob ECU from the Engine ECU or something else)
2. Giving that the immob has locked down my car, is there any way of my using ECUFlash to rewrite the XML file on my ECU with the transponder section disable (the reason i asked is b/c i no longer have a cable and before I buy one, I want to make sure that i can reflash an ecu with the immobilizer prob. thinking that the real key isn't there)?
3. Is it even possible to modify evo9 XML files to remove the immobilizer?

Thanks Guys
hughjay

Postby todd-w » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:24 pm

you can disable the immobiliser with ecuflash you need a def with ecu peripery ,which rom id ? 88840016
todd-w

Re: I F**ed UP - Question about immobilizer ECU and reflashing

Postby ravenhil » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:54 am

What's that? remove immobilizer function? Where in the world is it?
ravenhil

Return to General Discussion